Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

gnel

Thanks again jjohnson. I went to gp website and saw their tables but didn´t see one like yours with the mounting flange? Do you have a site you can direct me to for one like yours?
Cheers!

Graton

Considering switching to Alu-Cab, currently own and love my Habitat, but moving back to the east coast, makes heating the Habitat a pain for winter camping. One concern is with the bed platform down, how much room is there to get out of bed - not disturb my wife or more likely have her disturb me? I have a tacoma access - 6 foot bed. Neither of us are tall - 5'9" and 5'5", so I think the extension can stay up.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Considering switching to Alu-Cab, currently own and love my Habitat, but moving back to the east coast, makes heating the Habitat a pain for winter camping. One concern is with the bed platform down, how much room is there to get out of bed - not disturb my wife or more likely have her disturb me? I have a tacoma access - 6 foot bed. Neither of us are tall - 5'9" and 5'5", so I think the extension can stay up.
We are also short and I think we'd just remove the extension entirely and store it for the next owner...

gnel

I´m 5´11 the wife is 5´6. When she has to do her biz in the middle of the night I just move down a tad and lift the hatch. Its really easy and for me I like the hatch down for mozzie protection.

Graton

We are also short and I think we'd just remove the extension entirely and store it for the next owner...

I think I said "Not tall", at least I tower over my corgi. The issue for my wife, is she likes the easy access to the Thetford toilet we have inside the Habitat - this way she doesn't have to brave the cold in the winter or the bugs in the summer. Not sure if that will work in the Alu-Cab.

Bark40

Just got mine on order today for a long-bed Tacoma. Super excited...except now I need to sell my Ford E350 Sportsmobile and find the actual Tacoma I'm going to put the camper on. I had a 2nd Gen that I loved that I sold a year ago. Trying to decide if I find a good 2nd Gen long bed or go with a 3rd gen.

Bark40

What rack do you have on your cab and do you have the table. Hard to tell from the pics. I just posted I ordered my camper for a long bed today. Although I haven't bought my long bed so am searching for 2nd or 3rd gen tacoma. I was under the impression for some reason a rack wouldn't fit under the camper with a 3rd Gen with the table. Thanks!

DNLUSK

One problem with removing the flap is, with the top is down all the fabric hangs down, we rarely use the flap when sleeping. On occasion I sit in my Front runner chair on the flap (I leave the cushion at home).

We ordered our Canopy Camper before we had a truck also. My plan was to find a nice 2 gen Tacoma, but I got frustrated looking, they were getting over $20,000 and I could not find one as clean as I wanted. This was last year, I was looking in Auto Trader, a local dealer had a few 2019 White SRs that I realy liked for $30,000 you can see it in my above post.

One problem with removing the flap is, with the top is down all the fabric hangs down, we rarely use the flap when sleeping. On occasion I sit in my Front runner chair on the flap (I leave the cushion at home).

We ordered our Canopy Camper before we had a truck also. My plan was to find a nice 2 gen Tacoma, but I got frustrated looking, they were getting over $20,000 and I could not find one as clean as I wanted. This was last year, I was looking in Auto Trader, a local dealer had a few 2019 White SRs that I realy liked for $30,000 you can see it in my above post.
Toyota resale is insane, yeah I want to pay new pricing for your truck with 60K miles on it. My last truck was a 4Runner, didn’t make sense to buy used. Traded my Wrangler for it, I always tell people if your looking for a used Jeep the best place to find one is a Toyota dealership.

My CC was ordered in October and I'm eagerly awaiting the green light email. Does anyone know of a drawer system that works in the CC? Thje Alu-Cab drawers do not fit. Thanks

For all you "short" folks who plan on leaving the hatch up or removing- remember if you remove it you need to put something in its place so when you close the tent you dont have all that tent hanging in your truck bed- i removed mine and bult a folding shelf that gives us a little more sleeping room but still allows us to have a opening between truck bed and tent area. check page 2 of my build thread for a couple of pics

jjohnson1892

Adventurer
Thanks again jjohnson. I went to gp website and saw their tables but didn´t see one like yours with the mounting flange? Do you have a site you can direct me to for one like yours?
Cheers!

Yeah doesn't look like it's on their site, I had bought mine directly from OK4WD and we installed it during camper install. I'd give OK4WD a call, they'll help you get your hands on one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles