Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

Spencer for Hire

Dig that idea of a half system! ? Also for those less handy with carpentry skills or just looking for a turn key solution for the Canopy Camper,the guys at Goose gear have a great modular system available specifically for the Canopy Camper. Currently available for Tacoma (5'&6') and soon for Colorado and Ranger platforms. https://www.goose-gear.com/collections/alucab-canopy-camper

XsPzSOT.jpg

ObQDqMH.jpg

LDNovgH.jpg
Is Alu coming out with a full size version anytime soon?

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Is Alu coming out with a full size version anytime soon?

It is our mission but with sales increasing here and around the world we are struggling just to maintain a 3 month build time at the moment. However they just purchased another factory down the street and are continuing to ramp up production and when things become steady we will launch our Full Size Canopy Camper.

In other news the midsize Gladiator fitment is near complete! ?

rvrboy

Really like the Goose Gear setup overall. My order going in Monday!

Not completely sold on the rear cabs with drawers just yet, so for now I'm going with the base plate and the two front over the wheel well storage boxes. I like the way they utilize all that awkward space, and will mount my NL Weekender 50 between them like in Rin's pics. For the back corners I'm currently using some Rigid tool boxes, they fit perfectly back there. The medium size is perfect for my kitchen & pantry. Two smaller ones for spare parts and recovery gear. They lock together and are the perfect height to step up into the bed or to sit on. Some really great ideas here!Alu-Cab Trial Run 081019 02.jpg

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD

Not completely sold on the rear cabs with drawers just yet, so for now I'm going with the base plate and the two front over the wheel well storage boxes. I like the way they utilize all that awkward space, and will mount my NL Weekender 50 between them like in Rin's pics. For the back corners I'm currently using some Rigid tool boxes, they fit perfectly back there. The medium size is perfect for my kitchen & pantry. Two smaller ones for spare parts and recovery gear. They lock together and are the perfect height to step up into the bed or to sit on. Some really great ideas here!View attachment 534315
Dig that! And they even match ?

Spencer for Hire

Not completely sold on the rear cabs with drawers just yet, so for now I'm going with the base plate and the two front over the wheel well storage boxes. I like the way they utilize all that awkward space, and will mount my NL Weekender 50 between them like in Rin's pics. For the back corners I'm currently using some Rigid tool boxes, they fit perfectly back there. The medium size is perfect for my kitchen & pantry. Two smaller ones for spare parts and recovery gear. They lock together and are the perfect height to step up into the bed or to sit on. Some really great ideas here!View attachment 534315
Is that the large wheeled one with the handle on on top of the small one?

valleythunder

It is our mission but with sales increasing here and around the world we are struggling just to maintain a 3 month build time at the moment. However they just purchased another factory down the street and are continuing to ramp up production and when things become steady we will launch our Full Size Canopy Camper.

In other news the midsize Gladiator fitment is near complete! ?
Yes! Run I had talked about this with your father. These would be great on a full-size truck. Lots of room.

rvrboy

Hey Rin,
Couple questions for you...
I've got the solar prep package but no solar yet. Wondering if there is a rubber plug for that grey anderson connector on the roof to keep water out for now?
Any ETA on the window screen availability?
Also I've heard something about a drop down table for the rear canopy door? Would be a great option for quick stops or a second prep table? Any info and ETA?
Thanks!

Jungle_Judah

I've been looking into the Go Fast Camper and just found this Alu Cab Canopy Camper - seems like (almost) exactly what I want/need. I currently have a Honda Element but seeking setup more rugged. So am looking to buy a truck with/and overland-type rig.
In this thread, it mentions the side door is much better than the tailgate. I had been thinking that I would prefer to remain with the tailgate. The main two reasons are is nice to drop the tailgate and have place to sit. And I am thinking of getting the Decked system. Also, I have a hitch-mounted bike rack which likely won't work with the side door.
Are there any options for the Alu Cab Canopy Camper to remain with a tailgate? I saw a photo somewhere of Alu Cab Canopy Camper and there was a tailgate - perhaps this was an older model? any available?

Other issue; I don't yet have a truck! I had been looking at used completely already outfitted overland trucks/rigs. But now, assuming I buy your product, I can be more modular and customize best for myself - and choose which truck to buy. I will purchase 6(+) bed. So I suppose due to your options, I will need to buy 6 ft (not 6+)? And truck options I have are those listed on your website, or would work with others? For 6 ft, your website only lists 2005+ Tacoma and 2018+ Ranger, but elsewhere I found a larger list of trucks? Of course Tacoma is the go-to default, which is good option. I'm also looking at Dodge Cummins Diesel. Hoping to get decent gas mileage, even after installation of camper (preferably 20(+), 15+ would maybe suffice).

I'm in Vegas; anyplace or anyone that I could visit to see one first-hand? and maybe to compare versus the GoFast?

thanks,
Judah

Ramjet

Explorer
Little interior panel update. Getting there progressing quite happily. Yes I went mad big on the inverter without really considering use. Probably wont ever use to be honest, but it looks cool there. :D

View attachment 538396

Wow! Thats exactly what I would do if I had the Canopy Camper. That front wall is wasted space and is perfect for an electrical panel. Cant wait to see this one finished up. Cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles