Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

nosedive

Observer
@rino just out of curiosity, would it be possible to mount the canopy camper on a 1st gen Tundra Access Cab? If I remember right, bed dimension is very similar to a 2nd/3rd gen Taco.

blackohio

Observer
super stoked my camper arrives Monday to my office. BEcause of a recent knee surgery install will be a little slow but hoping to have on by the following weekend.

scott7022

Nobody
Rin,
I like the build of this canopy camper more than the AT Summit. Lose the tailgate lose some weight. Important for the ZR2 Bison. The other details and attention to is cool. Two questions.
  1. You pointed to Goose Gear for the plate system. They make one for the Bison but will the slide out kitchens clear the door opening? The ability to cook inside coffee and outside is a real pleasure.
  2. Is there a website to price out a build? I've checked your website and can't find any prices.
My primary oh I want this is the added water capacity option and the second spare on the door. One is none two is safe.

Loving my new canopy camper and share a picture of the fairing i made- like it or not seems that and the "beauty panel" (notice in first pic that i do not have the gap caused by the trim sides in the front of the camper) have helped me get back between 2- 2.5 mpg. In the second shot you can see my one problem- share some ideas with me on how i can load the boats on the roof without carrying a @#! ladder
I will post some more pics of the interior build out when I have it finished ~ 2 weeks

Attachments

• IMG_1503.JPG
    IMG_1503.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 259
  • IMG_1504.JPG
    IMG_1504.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 254
Last edited:

scott7022

Nobody
Rin,
My bad I searched Alu-cab and zip. Simple camper got me to pricing. Now I can ballpark some stuff..
The differences between the canopy camper and the K camper had me confused as they seem to be discussed here on the thread as one. I gots it now just needed more coffee.

Anything on the larger bed Bison? The water storage idea was ideal!
Cheers

Black is hot, so i used seal koat ( elastomeric roof coating) have not checked it with an infrared thermometer yet but can tell you that the difference by feel is amazing from too hot to touch to barely warm and yes it will lift four kayaks (~220 lbs) pretty easily and still lets it down pretty slowly

Attachments

• PAAG6461.JPG
    PAAG6461.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 250
  • IMG_1534.JPG
    IMG_1534.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 248

4xdog

Explorer
couple more pics of it. can’t wait to get out of a leg brace, off crutches and out...

Do your rehab! I've had two ACLs (matching) and that's enough. It's typically a long year's worth of PT to get back where you were. Push, but don't overdo (too much).

blackohio

Observer
Do your rehab! I've had two ACLs (matching) and that's enough. It's typically a long year's worth of PT to get back where you were. Push, but don't overdo (too much).

Im outta brace and walking without issues (aside from atypical meniscus soreness on occasion) doing all the PT as well. I rode both my moto and bike recently. both just on the streets but it was riding none the less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles