Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
On top of these features we have multiple Optional Accessories including:

National Luna Dual Color LED Lights Fitted on swivel mounts above and below the bed standard and three more, one on each exterior door.

IJrOO4R.jpg

Aluminum Folding Camp Table

YrmKL9o.jpg

Sliding Shower Enclosure

PdhUWmf.jpg

Shadow Awn 270* Awning

BNaGMoL.jpg

F49na6H.jpg

Solar Prep

Load Bar Rack Systems

Tire Carrier

Molle Storage Panels

USB Chargers / Map Lights

Canvas Storage Systems

I hope this helps with some more info, like always feel free to let me know what questions you guys have and i will be happy to assist. Also bust my chops if i don't update more pictures of the options above! :p

Clinton Morse

After way too long I finally have some "good" pictures to share and help highlight some features of the Canopy Camper! (y) This example is a 6' model in silver fitted to a AC/LB 3rd Gen Tacoma.

First things first, fitment. When we set out to design the Canopy Camper we wanted a product that covered the global mid-size truck market and could be fitted on multiple models. This not only simplifies the build process, reducing build times but if you decide to upgrade your truck in the future you can bring your camper along! We took CAD scans of the most popular 11 truck beds and created a size that complimented them all and through the use of filler panels fit them like a glove! Each truck features a fully bolt in design that requires no drilling or modifications of your truck's load bin.

e4B6kCx.jpg

25fdCkG.jpg

3D59YM7.jpg

jhfhMUs.jpg

While you might not be able to stop staring at your newly canopy camper equipped rig (or snapping IG shots) it is important to not forget the part where you spend a third of your life, The Bed. :sleep:The Canopy Camper is fitted with the same massive 100" long and 54" wide two part bed platform as our flagship Khaya Camper. This 70/30 platform allows you to keep your bedding not only in the camper but in place while you raise the bed platform for inside living. Along with keeping your bedding in place this allows for couples to enter or leave the platform without the need for the other to get out of bed. (midnight callings) Lastly it is topped with a 75mm (3") foam mattress with removable zippered covers.

8sZ5QWF.jpg

9hO5NQ7.jpg

sMhwrkL.jpg

When the time comes to load up for a trip or a quick stop to grab some gear on the side of the trail, unobstructed Gull Wing Doors make reaching any corner of your camper a breeze... or if your set up at camp and enjoying some time in your camper they can even let in some breeze. All with the turn of a key and/or the push of a button!

Ux7VfoB.jpg

OCh9ghB.jpg

While on the topic of doors, it is hard not to mention our industry first Swing Rear Door. While the main reason was to provide a true dust proof seal for the camper simply not achievable with a tailgate, the other obvious benefit is ease of entry. How much you ask? Try removing your tailgate and enter your truck bed stepping on your bumper. (crazy right?) Even more this layout allows additional storage of gear and even a spare wheel and tire right on your camper.

wsVxSgY.jpg

f0luVCv.jpg

While a simple concept, execution had our engineers on a long journey to find the right latching mechanism that could handle the rigors off the bush and provide a lockable door from the inside and outside. Inspired from sea containers we constructed a tig-welded stainless steel lever that securely latches the door at both top and bottom and can be padlocked in the open or closed position. Inside we fixed two simple latches to provide extra security when you wish to lock the camper from the inside. (questionable stealth camping locations)

l0SRJwE.jpg

hYTMHZx.jpg

qI7OC3h.jpg
Rin - what's being used as a floor that the gear is secured to? I'm tossing around a few ideas for securing gear but curious what this system is...

Keyne

Adventurer
Thanks for posting all the pics. Great to see one in silver. Quick question... do both bed panels need to be lowered to use the bed (I am 6 feet) or can you open the smaller front section to go to the lower area?

lumis

Thanks for posting all the pics. Great to see one in silver. Quick question... do both bed panels need to be lowered to use the bed (I am 6 feet) or can you open the smaller front section to go to the lower area?

that Is pretty much how you have to do it to get up and down because there is not a standard external ladder for this. There is plenty of room on the big panel for one person to stay up top asleep while another gets out to use the bathroom or whatever. The full platform with both down is something like 8 feet or more. I am 6 foot 3 and have stayed up top while the wife has gotten out with no problems. It’s pretty close in mattress sizes to a full with a crib size mattress on the small panel

alexplb

The back door is on pretty strong hydraulics and pushes itself open when you undo the latch. I have opened mine on a slope with no problems. I have 33 spare on mine and it looks like it could go a tad bigger (see photo) but if you have the side molle panels anything bigger than a 33 would definitely interfere with the door opening 100% but there is a strap inside so you can limit how far the hydraulics push the door open. I think the real size issue with a bigger tire maybe the latching bar side you got about 1.5 inches
View attachment 501190View attachment 501202View attachment 501203View attachment 501204View attachment 501205

View attachment 501190
This is helpful thank you! If you ever have a chance to mount a 35" tire please provide update/feedback on that. Seems like even a 33" is a pretty snug fit

rino

Rin - what's being used as a floor that the gear is secured to? I'm tossing around a few ideas for securing gear but curious what this system is...

This was a homemade plate by the customer before he drove over to the shop. If you are looking for bolt in ready i suggest the Goose Gear system https://www.goose-gear.com/products/tacoma-system-base-plate-long-bed?variant=35980929857

The larger bed section is 6' 4" and designed to be long enough so one person can stay in the bed and one can get down form lifting the second section. Also we have a ladder option we are finishing up for the Khaya 4 sleeper that could ork on the CC as well for those who would want that option as well.

that Is pretty much how you have to do it to get up and down because there is not a standard external ladder for this. There is plenty of room on the big panel for one person to stay up top asleep while another gets out to use the bathroom or whatever. The full platform with both down is something like 8 feet or more. I am 6 foot 3 and have stayed up top while the wife has gotten out with no problems. It’s pretty close in mattress sizes to a full with a crib size mattress on the small panel

(y) Thanks for the input man

How are these campers on the Tacomas? They look pretty heavy when loaded.

They are about 400lbs so not too shabby with the right suspension upgrades. The average fiberglass cap is about 160lbs with a cross bar rack plus a soft shell RTT 180lbs, so although it may look much larger it is only marginally heavier but yields a TON more usable space.

This is helpful thank you! If you ever have a chance to mount a 35" tire please provide update/feedback on that. Seems like even a 33" is a pretty snug fit

No worries and will do!

Keyne

Adventurer
Thanks or posting the video. The more I see this camper the more I like it the best over a GFC, Vagabond, etc. For my purposes it would work perfectly. I wonder if they offer a rear door screen? Side screens would be easy to add (magnetic). Also, with an awning room and the camper sides open that would be really really nice and open.

I wonder what fridge that is... I like how it only goes up as high as the bed height..., would help make a flat platform across the bed area with the roof down.

lumis

Thanks or posting the video. The more I see this camper the more I like it the best over a GFC, Vagabond, etc. For my purposes it would work perfectly. I wonder if they offer a rear door screen? Side screens would be easy to add (magnetic). Also, with an awning room and the camper sides open that would be really really nice and open.

I wonder what fridge that is... I like how it only goes up as high as the bed height..., would help make a flat platform across the bed area with the roof down.

Hi Keyne, This is my camper in the video. The fridge is a Dometic CFX-50. I have bought some screen, fabric tape, fabric glue and velcro to do velcro removable screens on the windows and back door I just have not gotten around to putting it all together yet. Mosquitos are starting to come out here so I imagine I will be doing it soon. I don't think Alu-Cab is offering bug netting option but it would be a good add for them. One thing I am told they are working on is a water tank that goes between the bulkhead and the truck cab which I am really interested in, as well as a fold-down table for the back door.

rino

We have a few ideas for a zippered screen rear door and side cupboards we hope to have on offer at or after Overland Expo.

The versatility of the swing rear door and full side opening cupboards just makes for so many more layout options! Plus on the 6' trucks a whole area to stealth camp / sleep some children.

Hi Keyne, This is my camper in the video. The fridge is a Dometic CFX-50. I have bought some screen, fabric tape, fabric glue and velcro to do velcro removable screens on the windows and back door I just have not gotten around to putting it all together yet. Mosquitos are starting to come out here so I imagine I will be doing it soon. I don't think Alu-Cab is offering bug netting option but it would be a good add for them. One thing I am told they are working on is a water tank that goes between the bulkhead and the truck cab which I am really interested in, as well as a fold-down table for the back door.

Both are almost done ? thanks again for the walk around David! Dig the bottle opener haha

Thanks for the new video- if all goes well (waiting on frame replacement- started today) I will be getting mine in early April. Cannot wait to get it on my truck!
Keyne- i have that same fridge and love it although i will tell you it is HUGE- have been thinking about actually dropping down a side, last trip ended up putting 2 gallon jugs in the fridge just to use up some space.

Clinton Morse

Keyne - I just got mine fitted a couple weeks ago - I'm in eastern CT if you want to see one in person. Not sure what part of Mass you're in...

Keyne

Adventurer
Keyne - I just got mine fitted a couple weeks ago - I'm in eastern CT if you want to see one in person. Not sure what part of Mass you're in...

Thanks Clinton. That is very nice of you. We aren't ready to buy our next camper yet. We currently have a Sprinter Campervan and it works really well for us for how we camp out East. In the future we plan to be out West more and looking for more off road capability. However... a Tacoma with a camper or maybe just a Ford Transit with Quigley 4x4 would be enough.... its hard to give up the luxury of our van.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles