Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

Runt

Adventurer
That's a awesome idea! Tell them to make it easy to drain for us poor bastards that live in the frozen north ;)

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
That's a awesome idea! Tell them to make it easy to drain for us poor bastards that live in the frozen north ;)

Haha we hear that up here in the N.E. , a little bit chillier than Cape Town! :p

Runt

Adventurer
Hi Rin,

One more question....I just realized the Alu-Cab Canopy Camper is not exactly the same as the dimensions of the Tacoma SB i.e. Tacoma is a 5.5' box and Alu-Cab Canopy Camper is made for the Ford Ranger or Hi-Lux which have boxes that are 5'....is that correct? What are the inside dimensions of the Alu-Cab Canopy Camper? Does the camper just have 5" of space on the end of the box i.e. tail gate side, or is there a wall in the front with 5" gap in the front of the box i.e. cab side? Reason I ask is I currently have a drawer system in my Tacoma. I want to measure it up to see if it is compatible with a Alu-Cab Canopy Camper.

Thank you

Last edited:

lumis

Hi Rin,

One more question....I just realized the Alu-Cab Canopy Camper is not exactly the same as the dimensions of the Tacoma SB i.e. Tacoma is a 5.5' box and Alu-Cab Canopy Camper is made for the Ford Ranger or Hi-Lux which have boxes that are 5'....is that correct? What are the inside dimensions of the Alu-Cab Canopy Camper? Does the camper just have 5" of space on the end of the box i.e. tail gate side, or is there a wall in the front with 5" gap in the front of the box i.e. cab side? Reason I ask is I currently have a drawer system in my Tacoma. I want to measure it up to see if it is compatible with a Alu-Cab Canopy Camper.

Thank you

I am getting my Canopy Camper on next week and I had a Decked drawer system in my bed which I had to remove. The issue was the back door was just not quite wide enough for the drawers to pass through the door I measured it at Expo. If the door was just 2 inches wider it would have worked. Anyway, I am now selling my Decked drawers :) Not sure the setback into the bed but it appeared to me when I saw it in person to be pretty on par with the existing tailgate. I would be happy to do any measurements when I get back from NJ I do have the LongBed Tacoma but I would imagine the back door would be the same on both

rino

Hi Rin,

Thank you

The camper basically sits just like the tailgate of your truck as far as interference but like mentioned below the door opening is narrower than the wheel wells which will affect compatibility. Honestly i think the added height will make entering the camper awkward as well. A "RV" layout of drawers IMO will be better for a camper like this versus a canopy and typical drawer system.

I am getting my Canopy Camper on next week and I had a Decked drawer system in my bed which I had to remove. The issue was the back door was just not quite wide enough for the drawers to pass through the door I measured it at Expo. If the door was just 2 inches wider it would have worked. Anyway, I am now selling my Decked drawers :) Not sure the setback into the bed but it appeared to me when I saw it in person to be pretty on par with the existing tailgate. I would be happy to do any measurements when I get back from NJ I do have the LongBed Tacoma but I would imagine the back door would be the same on both

I just unloaded your camper! Excited for next week? :p

EBanRjS.jpg

lumis

All I have to say if you are on the fence about this product don't be. This thing is solid and its little things I did not notice when I first looked at it but see now that I love. like all the t-track inside the interior frame, so many options for customizing the inside my head is spinning.

Anyway thanks again Rin for working on your day off and installing this for me :)

Attachments

• alucab3.jpg
    alucab3.jpg
    979.2 KB · Views: 630
  • alucab5.jpg
    alucab5.jpg
    456.2 KB · Views: 633

DNLUSK

Very cool. What options did you get? Was there any problems with the installation? How long did it take?

All I have to say if you are on the fence about this product don't be. This thing is solid and its little things I did not notice when I first looked at it but see now that I love. like all the t-track inside the interior frame, so many options for customizing the inside my head is spinning.

Anyway thanks again Rin for working on your day off and installing this for me :)

Great photos thank you for posting. Any chance you could do a couple more? I'd like to see the inside below the bed and maybe a front angle from the outside...only if you feel like it.

lumis

Very cool. What options did you get? Was there any problems with the installation? How long did it take?

I got the national Luna lights, jerrycan holder, corner molle panels and spare tire mount. It took most of the day for them to install but I had a dual battery system and wiring done at the same time so that was a bunch of the time. No problems at all

lumis

What suspension are you running if any? Thanks. Looks amazing. Still on the fence for sure. Cheers.

Nothing really fancy I have bilstein 5160/6112 with ome hd dakkars. And I agree Alu-cab did a amazing job with this. I just have to re-figure out my layout in the back but it’s nice like a blank canvas. ??

rino

Anytime man! :cool: Thanks for making the trip up and enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles