Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

Gabex35

Adventurer
Does anyone know how the interior roof is constructed? Is there a wood or aluminum sheet where the quilted material is? I’ve seen the video where someone hard mounted a fan but wanted some more specifics. Wanting to mount a ram ball to it for my kids to enjoy movies while the adults are around the campfire.

Attachments

• 5312ABAC-4015-4C7E-B98A-3DE1D7212FFF.jpeg
    5312ABAC-4015-4C7E-B98A-3DE1D7212FFF.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 37

clintium

I somehow managed to lose the strap for my alu cab shadow awning. The photo shows my temporary workaround. I've contacted ok4WD to see if they can order a replacement. Any suggestions from this group?
alu cabin awning strap.jpg

I somehow managed to lose the strap for my alu cab shadow awning. The photo shows my temporary workaround. I've contacted ok4WD to see if they can order a replacement. Any suggestions from this group?
View attachment 723299

Yeah, I would imagine that is the only place to get it, though I think your temp solution is quite good! I have searched far & wide for that C shaped extrusion b/c it gave me some ideas for other things I could build for the camper using it to no avail. Therefore I think AC makes it or has it made for them special, which means its probably the only place to get a replacement.

clintium

Yeah, I would imagine that is the only place to get it, though I think your temp solution is quite good! I have searched far & wide for that C shaped extrusion b/c it gave me some ideas for other things I could build for the camper using it to no avail. Therefore I think AC makes it or has it made for them special, which means its probably the only place to get a replacement.
Thanks! I don't think my paracord will hold up long on those sharp edges though. The folks at OK4WD already responded and they're sending my a replacement. Those guys do amazing customer service.

I wonder if you could order that stuff by the linear foot through alu cab? Why not right? It's a chance of someone innovating around their product more.

Thanks! I don't think my paracord will hold up long on those sharp edges though. The folks at OK4WD already responded and they're sending my a replacement. Those guys do amazing customer service.

I wonder if you could order that stuff by the linear foot through alu cab? Why not right? It's a chance of someone innovating around their product more.
Yes, one can buy that stuff by the foot. There was a post in the forums about that stuff recently. It has a weird name, which I can't remember. I think that "C track" thingy is used commonly on sailboats. A guy was using it to attach an awning I think. It comes with a corresponding rod that slides in there.

ITTOG

Yes, one can buy that stuff by the foot. There was a post in the forums about that stuff recently. It has a weird name, which I can't remember. I think that "C track" thingy is used commonly on sailboats. A guy was using it to attach an awning I think. It comes with a corresponding rod that slides in there.
Are you referring to keder rail?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Are you referring to keder rail?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Yeah, I would be willing to bet that is what was discussed, b/c I have seen Keder Rail also referred to as Sail Track and unfortunately, that is a completely different shape. I am pretty sure this stuff is only made for AC, but I never thought to inquire about purchasing any through them.

Does anyone with a Tacoma & ACCC run a swing out style rear bumper? Dual or Single swing out, std or high clearance. I am looking for options in that department and finding that most have uprights that will not work without modification due to the protrusion of rear door handle on our campers. Just curious if anyone has any real world experience with a certain brand they can share. Thanks!

Redfernsoljah

GladiatorOverland
Sorry for the delay. Just got home from Overland Expo right before dinner. It’s a half rack of their Alpha full rack. We are working on making some extra accessories and better coverage for the fairing. Accessories like being able to carry a few waivan cans up there, firewood etc. Removal is not difficult, yet not a quick removal in the sense either. You would unplug the Deutsch Connector that is hidden under the overhang on the camper that controls the light bar and side lights. Then remove the four feet that secures it to the top. Something that could be done in about 15minutes total. I’m sure as we carry on with some input other ideas could be made to it I’m just using it and trying to make it fit best for me. Would love some feedback too on what others need in a rack like this.

siebermd

Adventurer
Looks great! I notice the cover over your rear window is zipped up, similar to how Alu-Cab now does it on the Gen 3.1 RTTs. Was that an update or did you modify it yourself?

I was lucky to receive one of the newly updated models. I was happy to see that it was incorporated. I haven't deployed it yet. I'm sure I will get the chance on a rainy night.

seatoskyexplorer

Anyone know what the plugs on the bottom back side of the Alu Cab water tank are supposed to look like? The shop that installed my camper forgot to put the plugs in the back side of the tank so first the first time I filled it, my camper ended up full of water ?
It’s been difficult to get the shop to fix their mistake and since they are a 6 hour drive away from me, I don’t have much recourse. They eventually sent me these brass plugs but the plugs extend out from the tank a bit (and also required a lot of torque to get fully threaded into the holes). I put some foam tape on the plugs so they don’t rub against the camper wall as much, but I’m not confident that will help much.
Because the plugs extend out at the bottom of the tank, it doesn’t sit flush with the back wall of the camper anymore and there seems to be some play in the tank at the top of mounting brackets. When the tank is full of water I would imagine that any movement would be an issue and that the tank is supposed to be restricted from any movement by the mounting brackets.
Can anyone confirm what the plugs on the back are supposed to look like, and whether their tank has any movement once mounted?
B198534C-DA84-4658-9B21-3EF7B7BACFBF.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior