Introducing the “NEW” Alu-Cab Canopy Camper

cug

Do you know/remember from when you mounted the table whether the GP-Factor backing plate is drilled out behind this "bumper hole"?

Okay, answering my own question. I found an installation video of a GP-Factor table that showed the backside and it's pretty clear, that the bumper gets a drilled (or probably laser cut) space.

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 13.24.00.png

This is from a Grenadier install video, but it shows that the bumper gets space in the backing plate. So far so good. The rivets in the screenshot above are from the back, I can only guess this is for space reasons. We have more than enough space behind the backing plate, so will rivet this from the front.

I’m using the Froli Travel system, not the Star. The travel works well and we can leave sleeping bags “upstairs” when closing the camper. Don’t know about the Star.

Cool. How thick of a mattress are you using? I was thinking of putting the STAR system under our Exped Megamat. So we are talking 5.75 of total height as it is 3/8" taller than the Travel from what I read. We let the air out of the mattress though when we close things of course, but still wondering if it would create issues closing things up.

cug

I’m using the original Alu-Cab mattress. It works well as a combination. Didn’t want to bother with air mattresses again, we used to use Thermarest Mondo King. The combination of Froli and normal mattress is about as good and a lot less fuss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior