Introducing Sleipnir, a 2011 Xterra Pro-4X

adrenaline503

Explorer
Here it is, my new ride:

shot_1324247475679.jpg

It's stock for now and I am pleased with its performance so far. Much more power than my 04 Frontier, not to mention far more pleasant on the highway. It however doesn't have that super solid feeling my Frontier did, but that could be LWB vs MWB. Time will tell after I get some more off road time. The weather this year has yet to be inspiring.

Mod wise, get my tent and awning up there. Deep cycle battery or a National Luna Power Pack for my fridge. Sliders and skids eventually, I want to keep the weight reasonable but as we all know, that's a challenge when it comes to armor.

That's it for now, I feel the truck has been covered well before but if you have any specific questions please ask away.

Mr. D

Adventurer
Nice xterra. Is their enough room for a person to sleep inside with the rear seats down? If a person was to put a mtn bike inside is their a way to hold it upright instead of just tossing it in their. thanks

adrenaline503

Explorer
Nice xterra. Is their enough room for a person to sleep inside with the rear seats down? If a person was to put a mtn bike inside is their a way to hold it upright instead of just tossing it in their. thanks

Well, I'm 5'7" so I can lay back there. Here is a pick from Nissan showing their interior bike mount:

06-XACC-026.jpg

I don't think my dual suspension Specialized Pitch will fit, I haven't tried it yet.

Gunnslinger

Adventurer
Congratulations.

I am driving a 2011 Xterra 'Off Road' edition. (the Pro 4 is not available in the Middle East). I replaced the factory rack with a BajaRack Expedition rack (with tent, 2M awning and dual jerry can holder) and installed Timbren extended bump stops, otherwise it is stock. My only complaint was that the rear suspension would bottom out under load, the Timbren SES fixed that. The only other mod planned is a deep cycle battery to replace the stock battery. I drive it every day, it's a good vehicle.

The X.jpg

adrenaline503

Explorer
Nice X gunnslinger. Ill keep the Timbrens in mind. My tent will be going on my stock rack until I figure out exactly what I want to do.

Gunnslinger

Adventurer
I mounted the tent and awning on the stock rack for awhile. It worked just fine for the few months that it was set up that way.

Sleipnir...good name.

Nice X gunnslinger. Ill keep the Timbrens in mind. My tent will be going on my stock rack until I figure out exactly what I want to do.

adrenaline503

Explorer
I mounted the tent and awning on the stock rack for awhile. It worked just fine for the few months that it was set up that way.

Sleipnir...good name.

Thanks :) I'm fond of the name as well. Right now my tent is in dry secure storage so I'm no rush to get it mounted. Plus I think I'm going to paint the roof rails black first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94