Introducing Goliath, Purpose built OBS F-350

justcuz

Explorer
Nice! That's a pretty minimal list of improvements for a new set up on the rig.
Looks like a nice spot away from the crowds for the 4th.

Eldgen

Builder of Dreams
Nice! That's a pretty minimal list of improvements for a new set up on the rig.
Looks like a nice spot away from the crowds for the 4th.

Yeah we were the only one's on the mountain all weekend, we had three vehicles come out for the view and were gone in 15 min or so but that was it. And yes I was surprised that the short list I had was it. I am really looking forward to the main event.

Biscuit141

Hey great build. Good luck on your trip. Two questions, what review mirror did you use with the off display? Also, what inverter are you using and would you recommend it?

Eldgen

Builder of Dreams
Hey great build. Good luck on your trip. Two questions, what review mirror did you use with the off display? Also, what inverter are you using and would you recommend it?

The rear view mirror is HERE It was pretty straight forward, the wires are a pathetic gauge but copper at least and it makes hiding the wires easier. The inverter is HERE and was a wedding gift from a buddy who pulled it out of a class 8 lease return. It is pretty nice, I like the shore power and charger aspects of it. When the truck is running my isolator opens up and gives it 2 group 31's and my substation battery, it has powered everything from my 4" Dewalt grinder to my coffee maker. I think it would be happier if I had a bank of batteries all the time instead of one massive one but it does the job for me. I have owned two sizable Xantrex inverters and both have worked out well.

Eldgen

Builder of Dreams
Hi Guys,
A hugely successful trip, only mechanical problems were the AC pump seizing, front right caliper hung after Moab (picture) and smoked my rotor coming down glacier, my shocks are officially toast also thanks to Moab , and I now need a new windshield due to a rock the size of a grape being hurled at me by the beige tahoe in Arizona with no mud flaps. I have to go through all of the pics but will post in time.
Eldgen.

Attachments

• 13913903_1238354749511023_5359883017367518049_o.jpg
    13913903_1238354749511023_5359883017367518049_o.jpg
    480.4 KB · Views: 70

bigredball90

Awesome build Im in the process of doing the same thing to my 92 cclb. Im going with a hard side camper on a flatbed though.
On the cummins swap what did you need to do to for the transfer case shifter? Im using a 47rh auto and I think its going to be easier to use the dodge transfer case vs an adapter for mine.

dmolson92

Observer
I'm curious on your rear mounting point that lets the bed swivel separately from the frame. What exactly is that? I def need that for my 1991. I got a flat bed for free and I'm starting the list of thing I need to track down to get the bed on my 91.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eldgen

Builder of Dreams
I'm curious on your rear mounting point that lets the bed swivel separately from the frame. What exactly is that? I def need that for my 1991. I got a flat bed for free and I'm starting the list of thing I need to track down to get the bed on my 91.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I made a cross member across the top of the frame utilizing the original bumper bolt holes and an additional two up top. Then I used a 2.5" poly bushing with 1/4" flat bar to mount it. 1 3/4" grade 8 bolt in the rear and 4 up front hold the bed to the framing. The bolts have a 20k lbs sheer so i'm not worried about it, also after running it down fins and things at Moab and dragging it over everything I am confident that it is more than strong enough. Keep in mind, this is a light duty setup, I would have done 4 point mount with spring loaded front bolts so they can separate if they need to but the framing sits on top of the truck frame for the most part. If I were to drop a large boulder in the middle of my flatbed it would begin to taco since the middle is largely unsupported.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94