Introducing . . . . . Father AbraVan!

dcguillory

Adventurer
HA! If you don't already know I have 7 children (and counting). I was so excited to finally think up a name, after a month of mental grinding on the subject, that I just had to post. Ok, I will go out side and take some pix and talk about my ideas. WOOHOO a name!

dcguillory

Adventurer
Before Rustoleum

After Rustoleum with front hitch reciever

Air intake. Looks like a Honda Civic in here

Relocated battery. Resonator in the backround. Hmm exposed to the elements? What do you think?

High Class Porta Potti

dcguillory

Adventurer
The only things that were done with my skill were the hitch, paint, and porta potti. Outsourced the rest. I have a full Quiet Ride Dynamate and insulation kit not yet installed. Van rug not yet installed.

I have though long and hard about weather to go Ujor or raised roof first and decided the raised roof will be more useful right away. When I sell my bus conversion the Ujor will be up. I'm scheduled to drop Father Abravan at SMB west for a Cruiser top install on Oct 14th. FYI the Cruiser II is already out of production and unavailable on the west coast. They went back to the Fiberine Super Camper which they are still calling the Cruiser.

The 4" Diamond Eye was already sweet and since adding a MBRP resonator I love it even more. Like BKNudtsen (Brad?) has said, the drone is gone. Also I noticed the Turbo whistle (which I love) is even more pronounced will driving with the windows open at low speeds.

Next steps:
Relocate 4 seater rear bench to 4th row since I never have 5th row seating in. I like the trunk space.
Ujoint On board air
Ujoint fuel tank
Ujoint 4"or 6" 4x4 Conversion kit with front axle (stage?)
Solar.
Fridge/Freezer (Engel, ARB, Luna hmmmmm)

All while still maintining 11 seats (12 if I relocate the 5th row bench)

Ok, lets hear some opinions

bknudtsen

Expedition Leader
EB vans look best with 6" lifts on 35's, IMHO. It's a lot of lift though, and with your large family group getting in and out, I would be saving my $$ for retractable running boards. I get tired of lifting 1 kid up and down. Be prepared to modify the slider for wider tires if you want to open it all the way. Hopefully, MG will have a solution for you when you get to that point.

dcguillory

Adventurer
yea quadvan will do 2.5" for $500 installed if i drive to them. 2.5 aint all that much. How far do your tires stick out? Even with the retractable steps, I calculate 17" from ground to step with 6" lift on 35s. I think more then 14 is gunna get on my wifes nerves. I had a lifted F250 and it was no problem with the kids, they never got tired of climbing in and out. My wife rode in it once in the 14 months I owned it. Back then we could fit in her Caravan so it was no big deal. Now she will have to use it.

Toolman

Explorer
Love the name of the van.

Just for kicks I will take some measurements for you as I have the 6" with 35's and it rides very stable. In fact the extra height is a safety feature to me because I can see over the tops of the other cars also in the back country we get a different view from up here.

dcguillory

Adventurer
Love the name of the van.

Just for kicks I will take some measurements for you as I have the 6" with 35's and it rides very stable. In fact the extra height is a safety feature to me because I can see over the tops of the other cars also in the back country we get a different view from up here.

Thanks(crossing fingers) need to know, specifically, what tires your are running also.

Toolman

Explorer
I was just in your neck of the woods last week but didn't see this until I got home.

So 20" to the top of the Aluminess step and just under 27" to the bottom of the door.

I'm running 35 12.50 17 Toyo Open Country and so far I like them. The steps make it much easier to get in and out as far as protection I'm not banking on em' If you're ever down this way gimme a hollar and I'll let you give it a spin.

I especially like the kiddie seat on the "PRS"

dcguillory

Adventurer
I was just in your neck of the woods last week but didn't see this until I got home.

So 20" to the top of the Aluminess step and just under 27" to the bottom of the door.

I'm running 35 12.50 17 Toyo Open Country and so far I like them. The steps make it much easier to get in and out as far as protection I'm not banking on em' If you're ever down this way gimme a hollar and I'll let you give it a spin.

I especially like the kiddie seat on the "PRS"

Aluminess step? The first rung of the ladder? Whats PRS? Clear as mud :)

I'm right near Lodi, East of the 99. That would be so awesome if my kids could see the 6" on 35s in person. Get em all amped up.
Hows the road noise on those Toyos? I hear good things about them from everyone using them.

Thanks for taking the measurements for me

dcguillory

Adventurer
Wierd electrical

So I had a Alpine deck and rearview camera installed it is a pretty awesome upgrade. Yesterday I got in to start up and as I turned the key to on, but not start, I hear all this rapid clicking and my gauges are all freaking out. They are all doing a little dance from full off position to quarter turn very quickly. I turn the key off and stare for a little while. Only reason I am in the van is because I left all our water at home and my wife and kids are playing at the park behind me. After 30 secs of panic I try again . . . same thing. Without turning the key off I turn the stereo off and the dance/clicking reduce somewhat. Next thing I do is make sure my DP tuner switch is plugged in all the way. I'm not sure if it was or not. Then I go ahead and try to start it (still clicking and dancing). Starts up np. everything seems fine after that. Today I had a pillar gauge pod installed. My mechanic asks me if I have had some electrical work done recently because the pyrometer is doing that same dance (though I had not told him about it) So I drive home with my new gauges (so cool errr useful rather) and later this evening I go to pick up my daughter and my blinkers don't work and the pyro no appears totally non-functional. Current plan is to go back to the stereo guys first. The shop has an outstanding rep and lifetime guarantee on their work. We'll see how things go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles