Interviewing Adventure Families: Meet the Moody's

articulate

Expedition Leader
I'm working on a series of "Adventure Parents" interviews with different families who like to travel together despite the challenges of doing so. It's kind of cool because it'll help inspire us all, and it'll also share trip ideas and other tips.

So! My first round in the ring was with Roger & Hilary Moody from Utah. You know them from their awesome Southern Utah trips ( The Swell, and Comb Ridge for example). And they have a new Kamparoo Trailer they're putting to use.

Check this out:
10 Questions for The Adventure-Traveling Moody Family from Utah

What do you think? Big fun? Yes.

Who's next?

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
Cool. I liked the one about the lighter fluid. I have to admit to using sythetic fire logs. I get one of those going, then throw some real logs on top. With the kids, I just don't have time to properly get a fire started.

smittycrusher

Adventurer
I think that is great! My wife and I are preparing to take our 3yr old on his first camping trip this year. We too will be utilizing a LX450. I am looking forward to learning more from this section in the months ahead!

Smitty

Moody

Needs to get out more
Thanks for the opportunity, Mark. It was fun for Hilary and I to discuss the questions after answering them individually and spawned some truly interesting conversations.

Next time it will be about a dad, solo, with his two youngn's on a week long trip while mom is away at graduate school...

GroupSe7en

Adventurer
Yeah, I'm flying solo with my little guy (2 1/2) for ten days across Labrador and Newfoundland. We're looking forward to a little 'guy time'. The definition of 'guy time' is where we spend time missing mom together.

Thanks for sharing the article. Nice to see nice people doing nice things with nice kids. Hope for the world.

Cheers,
Mark

articulate

Expedition Leader
Yeah, I'm flying solo with my little guy (2 1/2) for ten days across Labrador and Newfoundland. We're looking forward to a little 'guy time'. The definition of 'guy time' is where we spend time missing mom together.
:)
Good punch line.

What are you guys going to do along the way? And what are you driving? Tell me more about that cool trip!

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Pretty cool Mark. I had a opportunity to meet the Moody clan at Joshua Tree not too long ago, but was unable to get our schedules to coincide. Bummer, I think these are my kind of people.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
I'm working on a series of "Adventure Parents" interviews with different families who like to travel together despite the challenges of doing so. It's kind of cool because it'll help inspire us all, and it'll also share trip ideas and other tips.

So! My first round in the ring was with Roger & Hilary Moody from Utah. You know them from their awesome Southern Utah trips ( The Swell, and Comb Ridge for example). And they have a new Kamparoo Trailer they're putting to use.

Check this out:
10 Questions for The Adventure-Traveling Moody Family from Utah

What do you think? Big fun? Yes.

Who's next?

Holy Sponge Bob! That is an Overlanding Treasure. Reminds me of many years ago..

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
After reading so many of Mr. Moody's trip reports, and enjoying every one of them, it was nice reading that interview. It just reaffirmed the belief I've already held that the Moody clan is a great bunch. As the kids get older, rest assured that they will be just as fun to travel and adventure with as they are as munchkins. Our kids are both strapping teens now and will be leaving the nest in a few years, we'll miss them on our future travels when they start lives of their own. I guess we'll just have to relive those years travelin' with the kids through other folk's adventures and from quality posts like this.

Well done! :wings:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94