International 4700 Build ( I may have lost my mind along the way)

Baloo

"The Bear Necessities"
G'day Everyone,

I am new to here, and figured I would share my project. Well about six years ago I purchased a rather strange vehicle, a 1991 E350 Diesel Ambulance. While I am not a paramedic nor an emt, I jsut had to have it. I have spent years making it the ultimate camper rig ever made (in my eyes). I have installed a four battery system, a 6.5kw generator, by-pass oil filtration system, lots of LED lighting, solar panels, Microwave, a 30 amp electrical system and just lots of camper type stuff. It has been a great rig, and I have driven it through the woods, even side swiped a tree taking all the lights off one side! The box is all welded construction 1/8" thick aluminum by Road Rescue. With some reconfiguration, all the cabinets and compartments are very useful. Now comes chapter two. The Ford chassis has some rust and body rot, as well as worn front end components. I decided to move up to a medium duty class 6 truck. While home on leave from Iraq I purchased a 1994 International 4700 powered by a DTA360. After removing 18 feet of frame and moving the rear axle to 185" off the back of the cab it is almost ready to accept the box from the Ford Chassis. I still need ot mount rear shocks and cover some frame mount issues. I will gets pics up of the project. After the box transplant I will begin collecting parts to put Rockwell axles under it and a transfer case, so it will be a 4X4. Anyone know where I can fine 6 Lug Bud wheels from a 2 1/2 tonne military truck? I am open to suggestions in my build to make it better.

Baloo

Last edited:

Baloo

"The Bear Necessities"
hmm, strange, works from my computer? Well just click on my name and go to my albums, they are all there.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
You might try 100dollarman.com for wheels. My guess is, if he doesn't have them, or can't get them, he will know who can.

rxinhed

Dirt Guy
You could find the front Eaton, Spicer, or similar axle from another 4x4 IH and not have to change over the wheels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles