International 4700 Ambo build

Baloo

"The Bear Necessities"
PB170080.jpgPB170087.jpg91a.jpgWell This November marks the third year of ownership of my International 4700. After working through the year long process of obtaining a title in Tennessee and collecting parts. Finally some major headway happened this past weekend. I purchased and installed tires, a 50 gallon fuel tank on the drivers side, new front bumper, and fender extensions. Then installed new batteries and took it for a drive. Now it is time to get all the metal drilled and installed and transfer the box from the ford chassis. Soon enough this truck will be headed out for adventure! I will post pictures when I get home tonight.

Baloo

Last edited:

Baloo

"The Bear Necessities"
It began its life as a really long box truck. I cut almost 18' off the origional frame, now it is only 11.5' of frame after the cab. Worked on it for several hours last night, added a fuel tank and put on a good bumper, then tack welded the supports on for the box. Next is some serious driling time and bolting it all up by the International truck frame book.
phot6o.jpg
phot4o.jpg

Baloo

"The Bear Necessities"
Well 22 1/"2 holes were drilled yesterday through an inch of steel. Would have been all thirty six, but my good old Milikita drill died. The drive to the Home Depot for a new 1/2 drill took up some time. However the new brushless Milwaukee m18 cordless hammer drill kicks butt. Should be ready to take it all apart for paint by the end of the weekend. I got lucky, there were several holes I was able to pick up already in the frame.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Baloo

"The Bear Necessities"
Well last night was a blast (drilled 18 more holes) only 10 more to go! I am getting tired of drilling holes! Considering each hole starts with a 1/8" bit, then a 1/4" bit, and finally a 1/2" bit. Then each hole is deburred and a bolt is fitted. Takes about ten minutes a hole. At least I only have to do this once...

CLynn85

Explorer
Sounds like a Mag-Drill would've been helpful! I'm getting ready to install the hitch on my ambo and not looking forward to the drilling, no way to get the mag-drill up under that box where I need it :(

Baloo

"The Bear Necessities"
Took it all apart to clean up and paint! Figured I would clean up the frame ends while I was at it!

image.jpg

Baloo

"The Bear Necessities"
The frame has been wire brushed, sanded, acetone wiped and painted. The metal work will get bolted back on after it all dries!

image.jpg

Baloo

"The Bear Necessities"
After some cold weather, getting the truck stuck in the mud, and too many other things going on... Finally was able to get the painted frame brackets on and all torqued up!

chasse.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online