Internal rails

SOFME

Observer
Used aluminum track with modular cleats, 3/4 Inch ply-wood, sprayed with bedliner.

Tools needed: jig saw, router, impact driver, socket kit, 90* chisel, and (should have used palm sander between coats of bedliner).

Supplies used: 3/4 in. duglas fir ply-wood, grade-5 rail mounting hardware, grade-7 deck mounting hardware, wood filler, silicone caulk

Things to do different: I had originally planned 8 attachment points using the seat mounts and the seat belt mounts. All the bolts are m12, but have different thread pitches. The seat mounts are 1.25 and the seat belt mounts are between 1.25 and 1.50. Not sure what the deal is there. I would normally tap the holes to equalize them, but this is four-year car. When the time comes to sell I will offer it with this installed, or with the stock configuration.

Secondly, I used 4 cans of rustolem bedliner spray. One would think it would be enough to cover a roughly 4x4 foot space adequately. Nope. Also the finish is glossy over the areas that were caulked. For this I will be sanding and re painting the top surface.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

View attachment 171159

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    602.1 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    519.1 KB · Views: 57

Bennettbf

Observer
After feeling my gear bounce up and down in the back of my Suburban while going down BLM two-track, I would really appreciate a tie down system like this underneath my gear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94