Internal Beadlocks

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Does anyone have experience with the Internal Beadlocks?

Here is a great article I found about them. Looks Like a great product, and might soon be put on my list. Does this list ever end?

Wil

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
The list never ends.

I have uncanny luck with tires, coupled with the fact that I don't do many super difficult trails (and no hard-core), so I can't justify the expense. It would also add about another 20 lbs. to my truck. Tires are already at a premium, so I will probably not be getting any, but I do think they look like a fantastic product for those who are prone to blowing beads. I would probably spend the money on the internal tire balancers first - I'd like to get some of those.

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
I have been 'wheeling with the guy who owns the jeep used in those tests (yet another "Brian"). He is extremely happy with them. They don't have the balance issues that traditional beadlocks do, but forget about having anyone mount new tires for you, you'll end up having to do it yourself.

As Baja eluded to, if you don't have a problem with losing the bead on your tires, then they probably aren't worth the cost or the increased unsprung weight (which equates to lower fuel economy, less percieved power, etc). Brian typically runs trails such as the Rubicon, Dusy, the Hammers, etc. So for people who run the really difficult trails (4.5+), they are a good deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles