Interior Propane Storage

jnack

My previously build was a 3rd Gen Tacoma which looked like an expedition rig with tons of storage for tools/etc on the roof and axes/shovels hanging off the side. My current build is much more subdued, currently utilizing no exterior storage on purpose: https://www.instagram.com/jtrdiesel/

I'm currently in the process of a storage system build (outsourcing it this time around), and I was curious what options folks are using for interior storage of propane? I currently utilize a 5lb tank. I was curious if any is using something like mounted on the inside of their vehicle? https://expeditionessentials.com/co...bottle-mount-pre-order?variant=12590453456977

Photos would be super helpful!

jkam

nomadic man
I carry a 10 gallon tank inside my RV when traveling.
Once I get to my next spot, I take it out and hook it up.

Reactions: WVI

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
I will be building a propane locker for two 5lb tanks inside my ovrlnd camper. Should be done in a week or so if you watch my build thread. After a lot of thought, I have a couple of options; building a locker that vents through a side opening door or building a locker and drilling a 1" hole through the bed (ouch). Haven't decided quite yet as both have pros and cons.

I wanted to go exterior and even bought a powertank mount but there's simply no good place to put it that isn't going to interfere with something and seems less safe than in interior locker.

jnack

I will be building a propane locker for two 5lb tanks inside my ovrlnd camper. Should be done in a week or so if you watch my build thread. After a lot of thought, I have a couple of options; building a locker that vents through a side opening door or building a locker and drilling a 1" hole through the bed (ouch). Haven't decided quite yet as both have pros and cons.

I wanted to go exterior and even bought a powertank mount but there's simply no good place to put it that isn't going to interfere with something and seems less safe than in interior locker.
link to your build thread?

Alloy

We make these 5lbs propane tank bags that can be mounted to either a spare tire, a ladder or secured straight up on a roof rack or rack of any sort.
View attachment 748116

View attachment 748117
View attachment 748118

View attachment 748119

Do you supply instructions on how to inspect the material for damage or do owners wait until the material fails and the bottle bounces down the road.

sourdoughben

Bob Wells Cheap RV Living Youtube guru says he has had a LPG tank in his various campers for over 20 years and is not dead.

skyfree

^^^ Mine is used only for cooking so the valve is always closed when I'm inside. Cooking only happens with the tailgate open as you can see from the way my kitchen is designed. I have a carbon-monoxide alarm and heat with a diesel heater that is placed outside on the ground with a vent hose into the camper. Safety first!

billiebob

To be clear when I say interior I mean in the bed of my truck under my camper shell, not inside the passenger compartment
As Alloy states, propane is heavier than air so if you have a way to vent/dump propane should it leak.... wonderful. If propane is held captive and allowed to build.... not so wonderful but maybe quite spectacular.

ps, check yer local laws/regulations on propane transport, it might be illegal. But check your local regulations regarding the transport of propane.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles