Interesting midsize truck comparison / test

jadmt

ignore button user
I have owned many new Honda vehicles dating back to the 70's and currently have a 2014 crv, 2016 crv and a 2017 civic. I no way would ever even consider a Ridgeline. It just looks wrong.

Wallygator

Adventurer
Did they fix the transmission issues with the Ridgeline. TFLtruck did a test comparison on it and the trans overheated on a dirt up hill during the comparison. It's basically a mini van with the back converted to a bed. No thanks.

An honestly this "comparison" was a joke. It's like they were comparing how each one performed on trips to the mall. Full disclosure I only scanned the article, have to get to work.

ExplorerTom

Explorer
Saw a Ridgeline fall victim to the Alpine Loop this summer. Lack of clearance and underbody protection led to a punctured oil pan. And one of the P-rated tires popped and they were on the donut spare. And at the time, they were coasting down the trail (no oil in crankcase).

And the trail isn’t tough by any stretch of the imagination.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Did they fix the transmission issues with the Ridgeline. TFLtruck did a test comparison on it and the trans overheated on a dirt up hill during the comparison. It's basically a mini van with the back converted to a bed. No thanks.

An honestly this "comparison" was a joke. It's like they were comparing how each one performed on trips to the mall. Full disclosure I only scanned the article, have to get to work.
I could see how it would be useful for some people. But even if I could use something like that, I'd rather a Subaru Baja or a Holden Crewman with a V8.

articleLeadwide-2003-holden-crewman-dual-cab-ute37grb.jpg

84f2229b891738884151d9068c11551b.jpg

rruff

Explorer
I don't know if I can take the Honda seriously, just doesn't seem to fit in.

I don't like everything about the Honda, but other trucks have gotten ************** ridiculous with their codpiece grills, tall hood, tall bed, have to climb up into them... and ground clearance still sucks! All style and macho marketing BS.

Unibody makes a lot of sense. Taking a car platform and turning it into a truck, not so much.

rruff

Explorer
I'd classify by what it does, not how it's made. Unibody would be more efficient (strength/weight) in light trucks, just like it is in vans.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
If XJ's had full frames they'd be as ''expo cool'' as Defenders and such.

Since they don't, they're the disposable vehicle of choice for tough truck competitions, wheeling, and demolish-in derbies.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
They were great, until the suspension pushes through the rotten unibody, and you have to rebox everything.

Our Xj's went places landrovers could only dream about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste