Interesting LR3 under armor option - rear plate

pix

rear guard

Hi All
Sorry for the intrusion, I would like present You my project of rear guard.
I finished building a few day ago, after doing some prototype.
To You comments, thanks.

Attachments

• rp_005.jpg
    rp_005.jpg
    521.8 KB · Views: 29
  • rp_001.jpg
    rp_001.jpg
    515.4 KB · Views: 29
  • rp_007.jpg
    rp_007.jpg
    538.9 KB · Views: 30
  • rp_010.jpg
    rp_010.jpg
    512.4 KB · Views: 28

Dmarchand

Adventurer
I like that your design incorporates the ridiculous task of maneuvering the spare tire to get the too-short wheel winch to drop through the rim. It is my least favorite thing to do.

Why did you stop short at covering the corners?

pix

I live in Italy and for the italian law, but also for some european state, is very difficult (impossible) obtain the MOT if You change the dimension of Your car, it is necessary the approval of the manufacturer or a big quantity of money for to do the documentation necessary to write the modify on MOT (for example mounting a spare wheel carrier is a important modify for the italian law). In secondary, spare wheel take up space when put it on the roof rack.
This are the motives for to maintain the spare wheel under the frame

It is possible to enlarge the protection on the corner with this work to do:
- building a plate that follow the bumper's geometry
- welding the plate on guard
- cut the hole for the exhaust
The problems for me are: the corner is far from the attachment point, so a little force bend the guard, if You go in a muddy puddle fills with mud with possibility to rip off the bumper, in the same time the mud and stones launch from rear wheel fill all; normally for my experience, in off road is the central of the bumper that knocks, the road is digged where go the wheels.

And a description the guard is in alluminium (peraluman), thikness 8 mm, laser cutting, weight 7.5 kg (+ 2 kg of screw, bolt and brakets), a small rope ago by safety.

The Rover Shop

Explorer
To all interested in the mudtech equipment.. I am in negotiations at the moment for being the USA distributor for these products, I have seen a good deal of their products and they really are top notch, and competitively priced.. I am hoping to have something wrapped up before Christmas with them and will be placing a good sized initial order, including the hidden winch unit which I think will be a great seller for the LR3's.. And I have gone in depth with them on their suspension control system but I am yet to install and test ken, but it does look very promising. They also have a sister company which does some really cool defender stuff also.. Will keep you updated as I go..
Shayne... The Rover Shop

jerdog53

Explorer
In response to the email I sent regarding the Mudtech equipment…

"Thanks for your email.

At the moment we have no retailers in USA. I'm talking to possible new dealer in Florida .....
If you are interested in our products, I can still ship directly to you, even if the costs is very high.

The cost of the hidden winch plate is 320,00 € excluding taxes and the price of the back plate is € 400.00 excluding taxes.
The shipping cost to USA is € 350.00 for everything.

Tell me if you are interested in direct shipping or if you prefer to wait some time to start working with dealer in Florida.

I remain at your disposal for further information.

Best regards, Diego"

The Rover Shop

Explorer
Yes, shipping per item is going to be an absolute killer, as mentioned, I will be putting together a package of a couple of each and freighting them over to keep the shipping costs down, if someone specifically wants anything just let me know and as I get closer to finalizing the agreement I can organize something for you... Please just be aware that not much can happen over the Christmas period, I hop to have everything in place and shipping arranged by mid to late January..

srschick

Adventurer
Yes, shipping per item is going to be an absolute killer, as mentioned, I will be putting together a package of a couple of each and freighting them over to keep the shipping costs down, if someone specifically wants anything just let me know and as I get closer to finalizing the agreement I can organize something for you... Please just be aware that not much can happen over the Christmas period, I hop to have everything in place and shipping arranged by mid to late January..

PM sent!

The Rover Shop

Explorer
Quick update.. We have progressed on the distributor contract and I have placed an initial order of one of each of the lr3 products, I will be installing these items on my own personal vehicle and doing an installation and setup video of the items, once they are installed they will be thoroughly tested for evaluation, I am sure they all do their intended job extremely well as the guys at mudtech have already thoroughly tested these items, I just want to make sure there is no difference on items due to EU vs NAS spec trucks.. If you are interested in purchasing any items before I have tested them then let me know and I can have them shipped at the same time..unfortunately I can't give firm pricing on the shipping as I will not know bulk shipping until all items are weighed and prepped, but I can assure you, shipping now will be as cheap as it will ever get with this order..
Looking forward to seeing 5 inches of lift on an lr3 and being able to control height settings as I like..and that sleek looking front winch bumper...talk about an offroad sleeper..:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior