Interesting build series on You Tube

ratled

Adventurer
I found this interesting and I thought I would pass it on. Here is the 1st video, you can find the other from there

ratled

Kevin108

Explorer
Initially I questioned the longevity of painted plywood, but it keeps cost down, allows for easy design and creation, and makes modifications simple.

But on second thought, about 10 years ago I made a much simpler box for a Harbor Freight trailer for hauling construction tools and materials for side jobs. I did 1/2" pressure treated plywood on the roof, 3/4" OSB on the floor, and regular 3/8" plywood on the sides. It has long since been retired as a work trailer and has been crammed behind the garage, where it serves to keeps the rain off my push mower. It doesn't look nice, but nothing has rotted away. In fact, the trailer frame is in worse shape than the wood box on top of it.

Ovrlnd Rd

Adventurer
Nice layout and execution but I'm not sure how well a plywood trailer is going to hold up if you do any serious trails.

h1psi

Here's a link to 410Overland's Instagram page.....built out of similar materials, and I can attest from seeing it in person it's very sturdy! https://www.instagram.com/410overland/

I will be starting my own trailer build similar to these....keeping it lightweight and as strong as possible, but the option to add and modify easily in the future.

h1psi

the one mentioned by the OP is EH-2....not yet completed. The builder of the EH-1 is helping with EH-2. I'm confident that EH-2 will be a sturdy and well thought out build too.

I'm planning to start on EH-3 soon and will document the build.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles