Interesting article comparing the Nissan/Cummins to the f150/PS.

Kingsize24

A co-worker of mine has had the Nissan/Cummins truck now for about a year and a half or so. So far he has been fairly pleased with it. Has a very nice interior as well. No issues thusfar, and they have taken good care of him when he has had it in for service or recalls. Doesn't seem like a bad truck at all IMO.

Explorerinil

Observer
I want to know where he found a brand new 4x4 diesel xd for 33k.
Who’s he? I didn’t check out the bottom link. I’ve seen a stripped down one for 38 to 39. Doesn’t seam like they are selling many, a local Nissan dealer marked the prior years models way down for a bit.

I’ve heard the Nissan with the cummins is a good truck, kinda bridge the gap between a half ton and one ton, I heard it’s lacking some refinements, I have never been around one so I have no personal experience.

Kingsize24

Who’s he? I didn’t check out the bottom link. I’ve seen a stripped down one for 38 to 39. Doesn’t seam like they are selling many, a local Nissan dealer marked the prior years models way down for a bit.

I’ve heard the Nissan with the cummins is a good truck, kinda bridge the gap between a half ton and one ton, I heard it’s lacking some refinements, I have never been around one so I have no personal experience.

Same... My buddy Justin at work is the only person I know with one, but he is happy with it. He calls it his 5/8's ton.

Between this thread and the Ford gasser thread, it struck up a fairly good conversation at work last night. Most people seemed very happy with their purchases as of late. Just shows how much the quality of all the brands have come around. The few caveats that were brought up were the requirement for DEF in the newer diesels, most were not fond of it. Ford making it complex to work on the diesels (ie: removing the cab). And how dealers could make or break the vehicle ownership experience no matter what you buy.

Explorerinil

Observer
Same... My buddy Justin at work is the only person I know with one, but he is happy with it. He calls it his 5/8's ton.

Between this thread and the Ford gasser thread, it struck up a fairly good conversation at work last night. Most people seemed very happy with their purchases as of late. Just shows how much the quality of all the brands have come around. The few caveats that were brought up were the requirement for DEF in the newer diesels, most were not fond of it. Ford making it complex to work on the diesels (ie: removing the cab). And how dealers could make or break the vehicle ownership experience no matter what you buy.
Your right dealers can do that, I’ve only owned dodge cummins trucks, accept for one duramax. A friend talked me into getting a GMC DuraMax truck because “they are so much better than the Ram”. I bought one brand new, got off the lot and the check engine light came on with less than 20 miles on the truck. I brought it back they reprogrammed the truck, now the service driver assist light came on... long story short, 9k miles in 6 months the truck was in the dealer 10 times. Gm even sent an engineer down to evaluate the truck and they put a computer on it that I had to drive around with for a week. Within that week the abs light came one and several others, gm replaced the bcm, engine computer and complete vehicle wiring harness. After that I got more warning lights, the dealer made me an offer to trade it in and I would have to pay for miles, long story short the dealer was horrible to deal with. I told them this is your chance to make a gm guy for life, they blew it. I took the pos gm to the dodge dealer and ordered my current truck.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
My experience with GM is similar. Apparently, when your leased vehicle has enough water in the tail lights for a small coi fish, that's not a warranty issue. And so much more, but that's another thread.

I completely believe the $33k deal bit. The Nissan Diesel had some big time teething issues at first. Nobody was willing to touch them. So it's not unusual for a dealer to dump one at cost.

Wow, that articles Nissan is only 150# lighter than my F250. That's only a fair test, if you compare it to and F150 and 250 at the same time, and understand that the Nissan is somewhere in between the two. Start talking towing hauling and such,like that article does, and it's worthwhile to mention the 250 option instead. Even the gas version.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior