Interested in Aussie Locker for 8" Montero V6 diffs? Step in..

irish44j

Yup, not ideal for slippery stuff (i.e. winter roads). I've heard that guys with non-selectable front lockers and manual hubs basically just unlock one hub when doing light snow stuff, and become "three wheel drive" essentially. I honestly never use 4WD in the winter (in the Raider or my Sequoia) unless the snow is so deep I have to use it just to get going.

irish44j

Haven't forgotten about this - I sent them an email today saying we have 13 at the moment, so we'll see what they say. Otherwise, will just wait a bit longer and see if a few more people jump onto the list.

irish44j

Sounds like they're still willing to do this. They just got new machines and first have to make up a backstock on better-selling stuff (Toyotas, etc), said would be 2-3 months and they can do this if we get the 15.

irish44j

So I followed up with these guys a couple years after the last time when they were very busy, and got a good response! Apparently they have worked down their backlog and have now put this one on the list for production, So I will keep you all posted as to when it finally goes into production.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz