integrated compact truck in the us

ketchbaw

Anyone know of a company that can/does build a similar product in the us? The sunliner camper on the ranger chasis looks like a really cool way to get an overland type camper on a smaller footprint. The youtube video has a pretty great layout. I posted the question in midsize truck area but this looks like a more appropriate forum. Apologies for duplication.

1600021291479.png

ketchbaw

Roger that. I was hopeful since it was on a ford ranger chasis (diesel though). GMC canyon diesel is available for 2021 and would figure the payloads would be similar to the ford in australia.

Recommended books for Overlanding

Long Way Round: Chasing Shadows Across the World
by Ewan McGregor, Charley Boorman
From $14.59
Into Africa
by Sam Manicom
From $24.6

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Roger that. I was hopeful since it was on a ford ranger chasis (diesel though). GMC canyon diesel is available for 2021 and would figure the payloads would be similar to the ford in australia.
A brief check on the payload tables for the Canyon/Colorado shows that generally the available payload is worse for the diesel models - because the power package is heavier. Towing capacity generally higher, which seems to be what most American customers are shopping for these days, but payload is limited, for sure.

lanceatm

Founder and CEO of EarthCruiser
Anyone know of a company that can/does build a similar product in the us? The sunliner camper on the ranger chasis looks like a really cool way to get an overland type camper on a smaller footprint. The youtube video has a pretty great layout. I posted the question in midsize truck area but this looks like a more appropriate forum. Apologies for duplication.

View attachment 611826
Can one get a the single cab in the USA?

gregmchugh

Observer
If you go to a 350/3500 chassis there is Tiger Adventure Vehicles...

David_h

A Australian fellow on the Ford Tremor forum posted his available payload of 2800 pounds for their version of the Ford Ranger with the 3.2 turbo diesel. The payload for the USA spec Ranger is less than half that!

Todd n Natalie

Observer
A Australian fellow on the Ford Tremor forum posted his available payload of 2800 pounds for their version of the Ford Ranger with the 3.2 turbo diesel. The payload for the USA spec Ranger is less than half that!
That's a 1,000 lbs more than my F150 is rated for, haha