Integrate Goal Zero 400 Lithium into existing camper house battery

akarocket

In hindsight, I would have been better off buying the non lithium version of the yeti to work with the camper. Although, it does work very well as a portable unit to take with me when I switch the ARB to different vehicles. At this point, I think I will buy a Solar Controller for the camper to use with the house battery and also use the panel to hook into the input of the yeti when I am using it with my truck. Just keep the two batteries seperate.

Rando is correct. No charging a Yeti lithium from a alternator. I use the inverter in my truck and it works great.

bjornb

Goal Zero will make a 12V adapter/car charge cable, according to the Q&A page (on the 400 Li product page) they say 'The 12V car charger for our Lithium Yetis will be launched this fall'.
I believe it will be some kind of adapter with voltage/current regulation/protection to protect the source and prevent overcurrent.

dleeallen

Adventurer
In hindsight, I would have been better off buying the non lithium version of the yeti to work with the camper. Although, it does work very well as a portable unit to take with me when I switch the ARB to different vehicles. At this point, I think I will buy a Solar Controller for the camper to use with the house battery and also use the panel to hook into the input of the yeti when I am using it with my truck. Just keep the two batteries seperate.

Rando is correct. No charging a Yeti lithium from a alternator. I use the inverter in my truck and it works great.

I recently picked up a Yeti 400 and decided to go non-lithium just for this reason. The additional weight is a bummer but the ease of charging in the van while on the road seemed more beneficial. It's a shame that info isn't well known.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz