Intech RV

Pogue

Workin on it
Yep, thanks. The contact us page referred me to contact the original dealer, the original dealer stated they couldn't access build sheets, etc., and to contact Intech directly... Loop de loop.

Got it sorted! I have a walk on roof, on to more building. Nothing like welding in 100+ temps.

TrueAt1stLight

New guy here. I’m VERY interested in a Discover to use as my base camp while hunting antelope, deer and elk in the West as well as for some family camping excursions. I’m finding it difficult to figure out how the slim-pickings of inventory is optioned. A call to a “local” dealer netted me with a lot more info on an in-stock unit than their website but it seems like I’m going to have to settle for what’s available vs ordering one (ideally I’d like one in white).

i see that @dreadlocks has a first-gen Discover; anyone else have this model (1st or 2nd Gen)? I was looking at the Explore but the ceiling height is a deal-beaker for me as both my wife and I are tall people.

specialk148

Has anyone installed a Battle Born or similar LiFePo4 battery into a Flyer Explore. Can i just exchange it with my current AGM battery or do i need any other mods?

SuperSolarDude

Has anyone installed a Battle Born or similar LiFePo4 battery into a Flyer Explore. Can i just exchange it with my current AGM battery or do i need any other mods?
While I don't have an Explore, the answer is still the same. The simple answer is yes, you can do a 1 for 1 swap and everything still work just fine. However, you won't be fully charging your battery. A lithium charges at a higher voltage than a lead acid/agm. So your current charger in its current state won't fully charge it. If the charger/converter you have is new enough, it may have an internal switch for lithium batteries. If it does, it will be labeled as such. If not, you'd need a new charge controller or dedicated battery charger.

specialk148

My explore is a 2018 explore and has a Progressive Dynamics PD4135KW. I read something about the ability to switch to lithium battery use since i posted mu inquiry...
but couldn't confirm that.

theboatlife

For those of you that bring a generator along with you for running air conditioning when needed, which unit did you go with? Or what size?

Tkhawk

Adventurer
For those of you that bring a generator along with you for running air conditioning when needed, which unit did you go with? Or what size?
I have a Smittybilt generator that I use. It's 2600 max / 2300 continuous. I did add a soft start to the A/C because the compressor wouldn't start every time. Now it works great.

jwiereng

Did you do all of the customizing yourself? I spoke with Rich at Intech and he flat refused to talk about any kind of custom work. I mean would not even listen to my ideas, not even on small items such as hub bolt pattern. Wasn't to impressed with his ambition to work with the consumer.
I suspect they are near capacity and are not interested in low volume custom work

jwiereng

35979963362_509a4a551a_o.jpg

I would want the end of the tongue to be like this from the factory. Is there a reason why you only offer a traditional ball mount? Most off-road folks want a Max Coupler, Lock-N-Roll or similar on their trailers. I'll take a look at one of your trailers in person later in the week.

Thanks,
Chris
Perhaps you could employ a local steel fab shop to produce a weldment to replace the Cast a-frame hitch. Could even use the same bolt holes.

jwiereng

Yeah tipouts are waterproof, moreso than a normal tent since your not sitting on the ground.. the non-window parts of the tip-outs are very thick and hardly even let any light through.. It'll come with instructions for breaking in the canvas, basically get it real wet with a garden hose and then let it dry, and repeat a few times so the canvas shrinks and everything becomes nice and tight.

You cant do the sofa and dual tip outs..
If it is lashing down rain and sleet while you are packing up, does any wetness trasfer onto the inside? IE will the bedding get wet? This is a problem on my Rockwood 1640 esp

Madmaxwell87

Observer
We picked up a '23 Chase this weekend. We were looking at more built out trailers but decided that for our style camping -boon docking away from campsites- it made more sense to use the things we already have for tent camping instead of pay for all of it again in a loaded out trailer. Plus small and light weight works the best off road and for newbies to towing and trailer camping.

Mods are the inTech door screens and cutting a hole to route the diesel heater air into the cabin. OVS 270 awning and Renogy solar charge controller are next on the list and then the first outing.

Reactions: GHI

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles