Intech RV

bshinn

johngcolejr

I just purchased in the Flyer Pursue. I have a couple of upgrades in mind to make it a bit more offroad ready.

1. I want to change the tires to match my Jeep. I have 35" tires on the Jeep. Has anyone done this on the pursue? Any advice on how to get this done? The tires are larger than the fenders. i'm thinking I have to take the fenders off, add a wheel spacer and the replace with customer fenders. Any other issues I need to consider?

2. I want to replace the ball hitch with a Lock and Roll hitch, but I also need to extend the trailer tongue. I can't open the Jeep Gate with the current one. Does anyone have advice on this?

IMG_4525.JPEG

dreadlocks

its an aluminum triangle tongue, eh.. good luck extending that.. IMO lock and rolls are over-rated.

I'm pretty sure they make jeep hubs for trailers.. go take it out as it is on some trails tho IMO, none of the things you are considering is going to make it dramatically better offroad, just make it look cooler behind yer jeep.

kwill

Observer
1. I want to change the tires to match my Jeep. I have 35" tires on the Jeep. Has anyone done this on the pursue? Any advice on how to get this done? The tires are larger than the fenders. i'm thinking I have to take the fenders off, add a wheel spacer and the replace with customer fenders. Any other issues I need to consider?

I just went through the same decision process with a very similar trailer. Other than getting "the look" it is a lot of trouble and expense for no real advantage. Adding a $115 spare for the trailer was much cheaper and less weight added.

Welding Goats

I have a 2017 Flyer XLT with the factory A/C. Wanting to pull it and install a Maxxair vent. Anything I should be aware of or have a concern about doing that?

dreadlocks

nope, it should be pre-wired for the air vent w/12VDC, but there wont be a fuse in the holder for that line.. should be pretty easy to figure out what circuit it is.

dreadlocks

I dont see why it wouldent fit.. would be too high off the ground for my discover but probably not on an explore.

carnut1969

I just sold my Flyer Explore. Held its value pretty well but we also did'nt use it... Purchase price was close to $20k with taxes etc. Very nicely built camper and will hold several dirt bikes. NOT an overland camper- just does not have the suspension/ lift etc. I had to bend over walking in it.

We sold it bc I started the ERV build, we got $16k for it used and had only used it 2x in 6 months.

Red13

Just read through this whole thread and i haven't seen anyone add a rooftop tent to an intech. Mroffshore alluded to it being possible. There is 4 of use and i'd like to have 2 up top and 2 below. Can the bars handle a tent and 400 pounds of human?

TGK

I find it puzzling that hardly anyone is producing a trailer with a pop up roof allowing one to stand up inside. Sort of a Four Wheel Camper on wheels. Those are selling like hot cakes, with long lead times. So far, all of I've seen is the TetonX Hybrid, the VMI Canyon and Antishanty. For my needs, either too small or blows past my budget. A pop up roof on an Intech would make me a lot more inclined to consider it. The engineering for a proven design has been out in the field and working for years.

Last edited:

dreadlocks

they sell gussets specifically for putting a RTT on top, dunno why it'd be any issue at all.. https://shop.intechtrailers.com/shop/flyer/flyer-roof-rack-gussets/
If yeh really wanted some weight up there it'd be pretty easy to just add some steel angle ontop of the aluminum tube to make it like 10x stronger and rigid.

there is a rumor my model might be coming back, but its just a facebook rumor so gain of salt and all that.

Ahh_seh_vez

Just read through this whole thread and i haven't seen anyone add a rooftop tent to an intech. Mroffshore alluded to it being possible. There is 4 of use and i'd like to have 2 up top and 2 below. Can the bars handle a tent and 400 pounds of human?

If you’re on the Intech Owners Facebook group you’ll see a couple with RTTs on there’s. The most recent one I saw was on May 26th.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
I find it puzzling that hardly anyone is producing a trailer with a pop up roof allowing one to stand up inside. Sort of a Four Wheel Camper on wheels. Those are selling like hot cakes, with long lead times. So far, all of I've seen is the TetonX Hybrid, the VMI Canyon and Antishanty. For my needs, either too small or blows past my budget. A pop up roof on an Intech would make me a lot more inclined to consider it. The engineering for a proven design has been out in the field and working for years.
I’ve been asking for this concept for yrs! The trailer builder guys get all weird about the idea of sewing. I gave up either I build one my self or say screw it and buy one of these dirt cheap 19ft RV toy haulers and make some modifications for kids bunk beds and parents bed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles