Intech RV

jingram

Adventurer
Anyone have any experience with these guys? I've seen them pop up in my facebook feed and their product looks really great for the price. Full aluminum cage/frame. Nice slide-out kitchen space. Full Pop-out bed space. Roof rack, shore power, etc. With a drop ramp, it's also a toy hauler. Seems like a great all around unit.

Too good to be true? Didn't see any reviews on EP at all, so figured I would ask.

jscusmcvet

Explorer
Anyone have any experience with these guys? I've seen them pop up in my facebook feed and their product looks really great for the price. Full aluminum cage/frame. Nice slide-out kitchen space. Full Pop-out bed space. Roof rack, shore power, etc. With a drop ramp, it's also a toy hauler. Seems like a great all around unit.

Too good to be true? Didn't see any reviews on EP at all, so figured I would ask.

My wife and I spent a considerable amount of time looking at them at Expo East. Super well built and thought out. Simple designs. When the time comes to replace our T@B I think we will head in this direction.

MrOffshore

Observer
1.jpg
You won't find many frames built this well...strong enough to stand on it's side, back or end...all-aluminum, all-tube construction...built to last a lifetime.

michael_l

Observer
Anyone know how much they are? That mini toy hauler is pretty sweet. Kind of similar to these which I recently found: http://www.coloradotrailersinc.com/...d-cargo-trailer-new-cargo-trailer-co-i1983417

Would make a great starting point for a simple but comfortable and safe in bear country / rain country off road trailer! I like the looks of the teardrops from companies like Socal, I just can't see the 20k price. Plus I'd rather a metal framed trailer for durability (at least it's more durable in my head, though I'm sure the teardrops would last).

jingram

Adventurer
Anyone know how much they are? That mini toy hauler is pretty sweet. Kind of similar to these which I recently found: http://www.coloradotrailersinc.com/...d-cargo-trailer-new-cargo-trailer-co-i1983417

Would make a great starting point for a simple but comfortable and safe in bear country / rain country off road trailer! I like the looks of the teardrops from companies like Socal, I just can't see the 20k price. Plus I'd rather a metal framed trailer for durability (at least it's more durable in my head, though I'm sure the teardrops would last).

I have looked at Colorado Trailers Inc and it is the same kind of premise. To be honest, I think these are better thought out with way more options, but they cost more. These are aluminum to keep weight down. They have the slide out kitchen, which is pretty awesome and much more teardropish, compared to the Colorado Trailers offroad models. You can get them set up for tip out beds, mattress packages, etc., Base prices on the Max was under 10k and the Max + was around 12.5k before options. Option stack includes things live RV AC, Offroad tire package with spare, roof rack, etc. If you go on their facebook and PM them, they will email you a price list.

My biggest concerns at this point are lack of suspension travel. I would love to see a timbren setup on there. The other big one would be the option for something like a Max Coupler. That way I can simply pick it up and go with minimal mods.

michael_l

Observer
I have looked at Colorado Trailers Inc and it is the same kind of premise. To be honest, I think these are better thought out with way more options, but they cost more. These are aluminum to keep weight down. They have the slide out kitchen, which is pretty awesome and much more teardropish, compared to the Colorado Trailers offroad models. You can get them set up for tip out beds, mattress packages, etc., Base prices on the Max was under 10k and the Max + was around 12.5k before options. Option stack includes things live RV AC, Offroad tire package with spare, roof rack, etc. If you go on their facebook and PM them, they will email you a price list.

My biggest concerns at this point are lack of suspension travel. I would love to see a timbren setup on there. The other big one would be the option for something like a Max Coupler. That way I can simply pick it up and go with minimal mods.

That's helpful, thank you!

I figure wheel travel will be decent enough for fire roads and forest service roads. I don't really want to be rock crawling with a trailer anyways...Anyways, thanks!

michael_l

Observer
Fair price but it's just a trailer - they didn't do anything except throw a 30$ plywood shelf and a $200 futon in it. Looks more and more like the best option is to buy a shell and outfit it yourself. Intech seems to be the fastest way if you can afford the coin, ColoradoTrailers the next cheapest for the foundation / wiring / insulation work done / and these guys for just a trailer with a side door put in and the rest is up to you.

Nice to see others competing though, that's a good sign for the markets certainly.

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
Good points, I also saw the review on a RUNAWAY CAMPER seems very similar to the Hiker Trailer, they make a RangeRunner 6x5 wide for a great price 4995.00, Not for rockcrawling but they look very well made!

It is nice to have choices in this great market!

Here are the specs: Runaway RangeRunner 6x8

Tubular Steel Frame Construction
3500lb. Rated Dexter RV Axle w/EasyLube Hubs
Dual Folding Stabilzer Jacks
Front Jack with removable wheel
15" White Spoke Wheels & Tires
Poly laminate undercoated floor
Runaways Triple-Seal Cabin Construction provides maximum weather resistance
30"x20" Tinted Safety Glass Windows
Two - 22"x42" RV Locking Entry Doors w/Keys
3/4" Birch Finish plywood wall construction
High Quality Easy to Clean Vinyl Flooring
Charcoal Gray Headliner
Two - 110v Power Strips w/Standard Connection
10" Deep Storage Shelf
Aluminum Exterior w/ Baked Enamel Finish
Rot-proof PVC Exterior Trim
2" Ball
Standard 4-Prong Trailer Light Connection
Rear Accessory Hitch
5,000 btu A/C with Marine Grade Vinyl Cover
LED Tail Lights
Bottom Mounted Spare Tire
Front Cargo Rack
Diamond Plate Fenders and Front Wall Protector
Weight: 900lb. (varies slightly accorcing to options)
Interior: 70.5"W x 94.5"L x 42-46"H
Overall Dimensions 11'4"L x 65"H x 94"W

14581359_671704952991878_5271708421217609922_n.jpg

Last edited:

gaap master

SE Expedition Society
The Intech RV design is interesting, I just wish it were larger. If I'm going to switch to a hard sided camper from an off-road trailer with RTT, I'd want full standing height and space to sleep at least 3.

I've considered a dual purpose cargo trailer with the ability to use it for regular cargo needs, but also for camping. Limited mods...insulation, windows, 12v fan in the roof, maybe solar and a propex heater. Not really interested in traditional RV hookups, AC, holding tanks. The Colorado trailers might be a good starting point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jingram

Adventurer
The problem is that in order to get full standing height, you are dealing with full size RV height. You lose any capability offroad at all. I look at the Intech stuff as a compromise. My wife and kids can stand up, but in reality it is a more functional teardrop and toy hauler.

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
The problem is that in order to get full standing height, you are dealing with full size RV height. You lose any capability offroad at all. I look at the Intech stuff as a compromise. My wife and kids can stand up, but in reality it is a more functional teardrop and toy hauler.

Why would it be a compromise, I see alot of Caravans in Australia that they get used offroad all the time and they are HUGE!

mchambers

Observer
I saw these at Expo East also and I thought it looked mighty bare. However I haven't been able to get this thing off my mind. I have a hard time justifying the expense of a dedicated trailer for camping and the idea that I have something that is dual purpose is extremely appealing to me! I have been needing an enclosed trailer for a while and something that can hold 4x8 sheets of plywood laying flat is a perfect size. I wish it were 6"-10" taller is my only hold back. I haul rolling clothes racks and I don't know that all of them would fit vertically at a max height of 64" inside.
This thing checks off all of my criteria except for a toilet.

jingram

Adventurer
Why would it be a compromise, I see alot of Caravans in Australia that they get used offroad all the time and they are HUGE!

I guess it depends on what kind of capability we are talking about here, lol. In order to get the height you want, you are looking at probably 90-100 inches including rack if you go for that option. Personally, it just seems over tall for me considering the target market here is tear drop, not full blow travel trailer. Tighter logging roads/rougher tracks become an issue simply due to height alone. Now, if you are cruising through the desert, that may be much less of a concern.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles