Intech RV

dreadlocks

~$22k list price, no negotiation even attempted as I thought it was worth that easy, had considered ordering one silver to match my tow vehicle.. The 4 other on market were $28k+ and 2018MY (none were silver, just black/white/gray), figured for $6k I could easily paint it to the exact same color code as my TV if it really bothered me.. turns out that ordering one at that point was unlikely to be fulfilled.. we didnt have it for more than a few weeks before they discontinued it.

Them renaming everything from 2017 to 2018 made finding em even harder because who knew what name it was listed with.. the one I bought was harder to find than the rest, and the dealer was eager to get rid of a previous model year.. they dealt in teardrops and lil stuff so this was taking up alot of real-estate on the lot.

Last edited:

Guitarsail1

Adventurer
Yeah, I do like the VRV. It seems a lot like an Intech Discovery, but like you said, it has a bathroom. I don't mind that as much as I do how much space it takes up. I don't think it's available without it though.

I have VRV Flyer and have gone to VRV and checked out their trailers. GREAT Builds.

TGK

I spoke with someone at VRV earlier this week and they have suspended production of their aluminum toy haulers for a period. Was told they are working with suppliers and reviewing some new "space age" type materials for incorporation in a trailer and will likely trial the concept in a tear drop to see how it goes. Could be at least 6 months.

Matt.H

Adventurer
Did you guys used to be Livin Lite, before the brand was sold to Thor?
I dont think so, they I believe they spun off a consumer camper company from the mothership that makes big commercial rigs, that company was founded in 2010: http://www.intechtrailers.com/

inTech is very well known in the motorsports community for high end trailers. I first saw them around the NH Motor Speedway and they are living up to their claim. The RV branch off that business:

Over the years, inTech Trailers has come to be known for our unmatched quality, fit, finish and attention to detail. As the company has continued to grow, we have settled in a 94,000 square foot complex spread across 8.5 acres. Our workforce has grown to employ over 70 people, all committed to the same passion for quality that our founding members envisioned in the very beginning.

As our company has evolved, we have discovered markets where we can expand into and implement these same values that we have utilized in manufacturing custom-built trailers. For the same reasons that inTech Trailers was started, we have created inTech RV.

http://www.intechrv.com/about.php

Garand

I recently picked up a 2019 Flyer Pursue and need a bit of help finding this part...

My google-**** is usually pretty solid, but I can't find a place selling this part :-/

"D21 Drop-in Cooktop Metal Cover"

jus passin thru

Adventurer
I used some 4” flashing two small hinges and some poprivits and made a u shape that fits around the front of the burners and folds flat when not needed. Zero cost found the stuff in my garage. M

bshinn

I recently picked up a 2019 Flyer Pursue and need a bit of help finding this part...

My google-**** is usually pretty solid, but I can't find a place selling this part :-/

"D21 Drop-in Cooktop Metal Cover"

View attachment 504283
I have that same cooktop in my Crux and the cover is slightly bent. It's a PITA to open & close. I understand they make a tempered glass option, you might want to consider that and fab up some sort of wind stop for the sides.

Garand

I have that same cooktop in my Crux and the cover is slightly bent. It's a PITA to open & close. I understand they make a tempered glass option, you might want to consider that and fab up some sort of wind stop for the sides.

Mine came with the glass cover, sounds like I need to just dig around in the garage for some flashing. Thanks for the input!

Grump E-Vet

Dreadlocks, your wife was correct, it was simply too big for us to continue building on the same line as the other Flyers...it would come on line and leave big gaps in the production line forward of it...so it really didn't make sense. Also, with the height being so much taller it would require roof scaffolding to be efficient and that was in the way when other trailers came through the roofing department

@MrOffshore I can appreciate the effect that making the Discoverer had when interspersed on your production line with smaller single axle trailers. But seeing as I am in the same camp with guys saying things like this:

Too bad the Discover is no more. It was the closest thing fitting the bill available "off the lot" for us.

I have been looking at trailers and Toyhaulers for so long hoping to find the perfect one. Then, when I do, I "Discover'" it is no longer available. I really wish/hope/pray that Intech can find a way to put it back in production.

Anyway you would ever consider an additional prepaid production of these? Even if it involved waiting several months for other orders to come in or for a time of year that you would typically be slower. My thought would be if you were able to do a batch it would be less disruptive to the line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94