Intech RV

MrOffshore

Observer
yeah the Discover is now discontinued, 2017-2018 only but i dont think it was even made for a full year.. I'm not on FB but my wife told me something like they were too big/tall and cumbersome for a shop accustom to making smaller rigs.. probably took the room of 2-3 of the more popular ones.

glad I got mine while I did, but now I'm terrified something will happen to it.. every hail storm now gives me a bit more anxiety than usual, I can replace everything.. but that.

Dreadlocks, your wife was correct, it was simply too big for us to continue building on the same line as the other Flyers...it would come on line and leave big gaps in the production line forward of it...so it really didn't make sense. Also, with the height being so much taller it would require roof scaffolding to be efficient and that was in the way when other trailers came through the roofing department.

Don't worry though, if anything happens to your Discover, we can fix it like it didn't happen, including the exterior sidewall panels. There really shouldn't be anything we won't be able to service for you if needed. Thanks for your loyal support!!

Frank

Explorer
Hi Rich,

I was going to email or call you to ask but thought maybe others have the same question so I will ask here.

The Pursue fits my needs and is a strong contender for my new trailer purchase however my 2 biggest questions are:
-Can the Pursue accept a roof-top tent?
-Can we get a photo of the suspension? Is it a leaf spring type suspension?

Also, I am just down the road from you in Mishawaka. Do you have any plans for an open house at the factory?

Frank

Explorer
Is the MAX Flyer Plus and the Pursue the same thing?

A year ago, almost to the day on post 139, Rich mentions:
You can put a roof top tent on the MAX Flyer PLUS, the tent we use is a 23ZERO and they have an extension that fits on the standard ladder (making it a three-piece ladder) allowing it to reach the ground. The annex will not touch the ground though, so that's a bit of a bummer.

dreadlocks

they renamed the whole model line this year, I think thats now called the explore.. but all the flyers are made the same way and equally as strong, just different sizes depending on you needs.. all flyers should take a roof top tent fine.. I could put one on my Discover but it'd be really high off the ground.

MrOffshore

Observer
Is the MAX Flyer Plus and the Pursue the same thing?

A year ago, almost to the day on post 139, Rich mentions:
You can put a roof top tent on the MAX Flyer PLUS, the tent we use is a 23ZERO and they have an extension that fits on the standard ladder (making it a three-piece ladder) allowing it to reach the ground. The annex will not touch the ground though, so that's a bit of a bummer.
You are hearing correctly from Dreadlocks, he has the Discover (one of the lucky ones to get one before it was discontinued...that's another story). We used to offer a roof top tent, but we didn't sell many and it became cumbersome to handle the product the few times we got orders for them...the only advantage to us offering at the time was he ability for the customer to finance it all together making it a real minor bump to the monthly payment and picking up all the extra sleeping room (which kids love). We used the 23Zero Litchfield, but any roof top tent that supports half the weight on the access ladder should work fine. They will work on all of our models (Chase, Pursue & Explore), the Explore needs an extension ladder which 23Zero offers. We loved the 23Zero tent, it was high quality, but there are other high quality tents as well.

The axle as Dreadlocks stated (thanks for catching these questions by the way), is a Dexter torsion axle, we don't use a spring axle on any of the inTech products (RV, motorsports or industrial), Dexter is actually one of our absolute best vendors and their customer service is top-shelf to say the least. The torsion axle is a pretty cool design and works so well on our products, no leaf springs to be damaged or rust and fall apart. Some guys like leaf spring axles (especially livestock trailer guys) because they understand how it works and they can do the repairs easily themselves. The think is the torsion axle really doesn't have any maintenance or repairs that are needed aside from making sure your wheel bearings are greased properly and your brakes are adjusted properly.

Now, the models and how they've changed...as Dreadlocks stated, the products are, for the most part, unchanged, but the names changed because there were several other manufacturers that were using the nomenclature "XLT" and "MAX" and we wanted to eliminate the confusion. So our XLT because the Chase, The MAX became the Pursue (and is now available with or without the slideout kitchenette), the XLT PLUS (no kitchenette) and MAX PLUS (kitchenette standard) are not called Explore (available with or without the slideout kitchenette). The Adventure Series became the Discover and is now discontinued. That's it in a nutshell. Please let me know if you have any other questions...for the quickest response, drop me an email at rich@intechrv.com. Thanks!!

Frank

Explorer
This answers my questions, thank you! Agreed, the Dexter axle is a great axle.

Let's talk about the RTT option.
The Pursue with RTT seems to be a great option for me and my family of four. The two girls get the RTT and mom and I get the trailer. What kid wouldn't want to camp out in a RTT?

That said, I really wish the RTT was an option again, even if it was a vendor drop ship / self-install deal. Or are you aware of any of dealers that sell's an RTT as a dealer installed option? Buying it as a package would be an easier turn-key option for me. I really can't imagine it would hurt sales if it was a drop-ship / self-install option either. It goes from a 2 person trailer to a 4 person trailer with the addition of a RTT.

Last edited:

MrOffshore

Observer
This answers my questions, thank you! Agreed, the Dexter axle is a great axle.

Let's talk about the RTT option.
The Pursue with RTT seems to be a great option for me and my family of four. The two girls get the RTT and mom and I get the trailer. What kid wouldn't want to camp out in a RTT?

That said, I really wish the RTT was an option again, even if it was a vendor drop ship / self-install deal. Or are you aware of any of dealers that sell's an RTT as a dealer installed option? Buying it as a package would be an easier turn-key option for me. I really can't imagine it would hurt sales if it was a drop-ship / self-install option either. It goes from a 2 person trailer to a 4 person trailer with the addition of a RTT.

I would think most of our dealers are willing to purchase and install a roof top tent. Where are you located?

HAULNOATES

I have been looking at trailers and Toyhaulers for so long hoping to find the perfect one. Then, when I do, I "Discover'" it is no longer available. I really wish/hope/pray that Intech can find a way to put it back in production. There must be tons of people that want THAT trailer. Heck, even limited production, a new production line, anything. I am as desperate as anyone else for this model. Dreadlocks.....you are the luckiest guy to bought yours when you did.

HAULNOATES

I have been looking at trailers and Toyhaulers for so long hoping to find the perfect one. Then, when I do, I "Discover'" it is no longer available. I really wish/hope/pray that Intech can find a way to put it back in production. There must be tons of people that want THAT trailer. Heck, even limited production, a new production line, anything. I am as desperate as anyone else for this model. Dreadlocks.....you are the luckiest guy to have bought yours when you did.

dreadlocks

I understand your pain, I was on month 8 of looking for the perfect rig.. had decided to settle on something less, then right before that deal went down I found the Discover out of the blue.. Didn't even have to see one in person, drove to Minnesota to pick it up, gave it a once over and signed the paperwork.. was on the road in 20mins.

I do feel very lucky, also feel like I stole it for what I paid.. check out my outfitting thread in my sig.

This trailer is quite similar to the Discover, but unfortunately it has a bathroom instead of a kitchen which is the opposite of what we needed.. didja know that a camper trailer w/out plumbing is cheaper to insure? I didnt til after I got my discover and ended up paying much less than we had been quoted on another camper.

Last edited:

HAULNOATES

Yeah, I do like the VRV. It seems a lot like an Intech Discovery, but like you said, it has a bathroom. I don't mind that as much as I do how much space it takes up. I don't think it's available without it though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94