Intech RV

MrOffshore

Observer
I️ see the updates changed the names, but is the Pursue available without the kitchen so you can just use that area for storage?

I️ went and looked at the Chase and Pursue in SE Texas last week, I️ like them both. I️ would definitely be interested in stepping up a bit in size from the Chase to the Pursue but I’m not quite sold on needing a fridge and stove.

Yes, Pursue is available without the kitchen, the kitchenette is actually an option now. Unfortunately, when you don't option the kitchen, you also lose the exterior door and compartment...the interior picks up interior cabinet storage in the lower portion.

We attempted to simplify the names of the units...and remove the name MAX and XLT which were commonly used by another small trailer manufacturer...we hope this avoided the confusion, it's nice actually have names as well. Here's what they are now...XLT became Chase, MAX became Pursue (but to get the kitchen you have to add the option), XLT+ became Explore, MAX+ became Explore (but you have to add the optional kitchen to match it exactly) and finally Adventure Series became Discover (kitchen is an option). We now classify all Flyers as Adventure Trailers and they have the new Adventure Trailer logo.

Attachments

• Adventure Trailers Logo.jpg
    Adventure Trailers Logo.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 68

MrOffshore

Observer
Rick- if you're still watching this thread I was wondering if a maxair fan could be added to an Explore after it was built? There's one I'm looking at that had the AC unit but I think I'd like the fan too. Think I read they're pre-wired.

Saw one this week and I'm very impressed and interested.

Mark B
Kentucky

Yes, you can add the MaxxAir fan to an existing Explore. Here's how it's set up...the Chase comes standard with a manual vent, you can option A/C OR the MaxxAir vent (NOT Both)...the trailer is not long enough to have both installed. Chase will come from the factory with both 12V and 120V wiring and proper bracing for either to be installed at a later date.

Pursue and Explore come standard with a manual vent, you can option A/C AND/OR the MaxxAir vent (they can both be installed on the same trailer)...the trailer IS long enough to have both installed. From the factory the rear position, where the A/C is installed as an option will be braced and pre-wired with both 12V and 120V so that either the A/C or MaxxAir fan could be installed at a later date. The forward position is braced and pre-wired for 12V only, for the future installation of the MaxxAir fan.

We supply frame prints on our website so that you can see where the bracing is on all of these units if you choose to install something in the forward position on the Pursue and Explore models.

I hope that wasn't too confusing, if you have any questions, please contact me at 574-773-9536 ext. 11, I am always happy to answer any questions. My apology for missing some of these questions, I have been buried at work getting things together for our follow-up to the Luna camper...watch for Sol...it's not an adventure trailer but it is cool. See image of Luna below!! Let me know what you think.Luna lo res.jpg

Vanzipper

The TVan is pretty darn slick and I've always had a soft spot for the Conqueror UEV360 (Supra II in South Africa). But I also see the obvious appeal of a completely hard-sided sleep-in box like these IntechRV models and the Hiker/Lead Dog 'tearbox' trailers. No canvas to tear or wear over time. No canvas also probably equals better insulated interior space which also probably equals a quieter sleeping space as well. When Skersfan built his first 'Shuttle Pod' one of the criteria was his wife's requirement for a quiet, comfortable (temperature-wise) sleeping space. He said when they went to Surf 'N Turf with the trailer there was significant rain and winds but they slept right through it.

I wish a few American manufacturers would take some cues from down under. Intech's MAX kitchen slide-out is a great idea and well-executed, but I'd like them to look at expanding it into a multi-stage apparatus like the kitchen on the aforementioned TVan.

firetail_camper_price.jpg

I know these kinds things add complexity, weight, and extra co$t, but just one extra flip-out/pullout layer to hold a Coleman-style two-burner camp stove would allow replacing the existing two-burner location with a shallow sink.

Honestly I'd rather have a sink and onboard water tank because it's a LOT easier to set up for cooking separately. Just searching online for campsite cooking versus campsite washing will show the huge difference in available options between the two. When someone is already buying a trailer why not offer an option for something they can use but not easily get (sink+water) versus an option that everyone can buy at Wal-Mart (camping stove)? The Aussies almost seem to consider running water a camping necessity these days but for us North 'Muricans it definitely still falls into the luxury category in small trailers.
Check out big kahuna showers, a great option.

MrOffshore

Observer
Check out big kahuna showers, a great option.
We've given that some thought and while I would love to get into some more complex and feature rich amenities like that, our core buyer is fairly well happy with what we're offering. That said, I think we might need to take a look at taking the next step and adding a little more to our kitchen...we've been playing with a few things, but nothing is set in stone yet. We appreciate the feedback!! Thanks,

TNcaveman

We are contemplating an Explore model. Actually pretty excited to get the misses out camping again, since becoming empty-nesters. One option I would love would be a six-bolt Toyota hub (which also matches quite a number of vehicles). Would love to have matching wheels and tires so we would have two spares. Not a deal killer though.

Our local dealer said someting new coming in September - can we have a sneak-peak?

Stephen

calicamper

Expedition Leader
For the owners has the tongue weight been a problem in the 500lb max rated tow rigs? I’m curious about the double tip outs also. Though ideally a single tip out and a pop top like the Four Wheel Camper pop top for two bunks up high. This would support family of 4 bunking options. It would also give me Bear country bunking option for 4 ie no pop outs but pop up top high enough off the ground to be secure. I love the Intech simple design approach its badly needed with all the rolling furniture boxes on the market?

dreadlocks

so if you buy an InTech be prepared to become an InTech Sales rep at every campsite.. After a summer with it I've gotten used to it, but its getting rather depressing explaining that the Discover I have is no longer being manufactured.

On the roads I kept having drivers stalling out next to the trailer and looking at it intensely, at first this triggered some severe paranoia.. OMG whats wrong with my trailer.. so I make eye contact with the driver as they finally pass looking for some signal I needa pull over ASAP, only to get big smiles and waves.. darned lookie loos..

These things are not discrete, its getting just as much attention as the Cricket we rented last year, but the difference is the majority ask if I built it my self because they have never seen one before.

Jeepnick

First time poster
Hey guys
I was about to pull the trigger on a No boundaries 10.6 then i found the InTech explore
This seems like the way togo
I have 3 kids
Go on a ton of mtn biking camping trips
I’m looking at the dual tip out version
Question is the tip out canvas waterproof or do you have to have it covered by an awning? Also can you do the roll
Out sofa with the dual tip out?
Thanks

dreadlocks

Yeah tipouts are waterproof, moreso than a normal tent since your not sitting on the ground.. the non-window parts of the tip-outs are very thick and hardly even let any light through.. It'll come with instructions for breaking in the canvas, basically get it real wet with a garden hose and then let it dry, and repeat a few times so the canvas shrinks and everything becomes nice and tight.

You cant do the sofa and dual tip outs..

Jeepnick

Yeah tipouts are waterproof, moreso than a normal tent since your not sitting on the ground.. the non-window parts of the tip-outs are very thick and hardly even let any light through.. It'll come with instructions for breaking in the canvas, basically get it real wet with a garden hose and then let it dry, and repeat a few times so the canvas shrinks and everything becomes nice and tight.

You cant do the sofa and dual tip outs..
awesome, thanks for the reply

TNcaveman

And I saw, if you do a tip-out and the sofa, you loose the side door and get the double rear doors. You do keep the side window though.

dreadlocks

yeah the Discover is now discontinued, 2017-2018 only but i dont think it was even made for a full year.. I'm not on FB but my wife told me something like they were too big/tall and cumbersome for a shop accustom to making smaller rigs.. probably took the room of 2-3 of the more popular ones.

glad I got mine while I did, but now I'm terrified something will happen to it.. every hail storm now gives me a bit more anxiety than usual, I can replace everything.. but that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles