Intech Flyer Pursue AC

DCN82162

I have been very interested in the Intec Pursue trailers and went today to look at what appeared to be a very well kept and lightly used Pursue. It was a Aug 2019 build date. When we went to run the AC the compressor would come on but the fan did not blow air at all. Also it was LOUD. Just for context I spent years on ships and lived in some very loud rooms. Well I thought if this how these ACs sound, ear plugs are mandatory. The non working AC was a deal breaker, but I am afraid that even if fixed it may be too loud to deal with.
So my question is do other owners have this same experience or maybe this AC has issues. Thanks

Tkhawk

Adventurer
I have the same a/c in my 2020 Explore. It is very loud inside, but I'm not sure about ear plug loud. I feel like most of the noise comes from the blower not the compressor, so maybe fixing what ever is wrong with it would help some.

dreadlocks

My 2017 model AC works fine, its as loud as every other rooftop Air Conditioner I've ever used.. which is anything but quiet, it drowns out my generator.. it turns into white noise tho and is tolerable, its all the blower.. the major issue I have is the compressor, it comes on with a good jolt tha'll wake me up in the middle of the night.. I've been wanting to add a soft start to it just to take care of that compressor surge.

Never even use the heat-strips, if I got shore power I just use a ceramic PTC space heater.. damn near silent in comparison to the AC blower.

DCN82162

Thanks for the replies, I think the unit I looked at had issues, as it would not blow air at all so the compressor was probably under more load making it louder.

dreadlocks

or the blower shaft is snapped or otherwise disconnected and making a ton of mechanical noise without actually blowing any air.. might check out and see if its not something simple like a set screw came loose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier