Intech flyer Discover.

yorkj2006

Recently picked up a 2021 Intech flyer discover in "arctic white" and thought I'd share what I learn as I get ready for a month long trip!
There just doesn't seem to be alot of personal experience about this new modle discover out there and for people that like to tinker and modify I thought this might be helpful (as well as informative for me when I do something stupid). I've read through dreadlocks threads a couple of times now and he's basically the reason I went with this model.
This won't be nearly as technical as his stuff probably but hopefully it'll help those looking at intech's stuff.

Attachments

• 20210603_131632.jpg
    20210603_131632.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 100

yorkj2006

The first modification was to add lithium batteries to the system to get me better off grid camping time. While I'm at it I'm planning on putting some solar panels on the roof utilizing the roof rack... this is the current bird nest that I have going on while I test my capacity with different loads from my 12 v system. I've got 200 volts of renogy panels with a third on the way which will be going through the victron mppt to the experion batteries. I'm also utilizing the victron 712 battery monitor to see what's going down there. To be honest I'm not sure if my settings are correct but from the few different sets of lithium battery settings I've looked up I'm pretty close. I've also wired a dc to dc charger in my truck which I plan to charge a separate battery setup (that I put together in a milk crate) so I can power my other 12 volt fridge (75 qt dometic). I just tested it on a trip from Texas to South Carolina and back and worked out a few bugs.

Attachments

• 20210720_203121.jpg
    20210720_203121.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 57

chasejj

Thanks for the info. I was going to look at one at a dealer soon.
You are addressing a huge flaw in nearly every RV marketed by RV dealerships.
I kinda feel the other missing element in a Discover is the water capacity, and lack of a water heater system and toilet. I thought one of those fold out shower cubes most people mount outside may work inside a Discover with a fold down shower pan that drains through the floor.
Great trailer and reasonably priced and sized.

yorkj2006

Thanks for the info. I was going to look at one at a dealer soon.
You are addressing a huge flaw in nearly every RV marketed by RV dealerships.
I kinda feel the other missing element in a Discover is the water capacity, and lack of a water heater system and toilet. I thought one of those fold out shower cubes most people mount outside may work inside a Discover with a fold down shower pan that drains through the floor.
Great trailer and reasonably priced and sized.
I know I'm the exception and not the rule but I specifically did not want a bathroom in my trailer; I also didn't want the kitchen either. This was a compromise for my wife and I. I tried to sell her on a teardrop style with kitchen in the back and just a bed inside with a little storage but she really wanted to be able to cook inside as well as sleep... plus this will fit a kawasaki tyrex sxs which can be had with 4 drs without increasing wheelbase. Another plus for me.

TrueAt1stLight

Congrats on your trailer! I’m really interested in that exact same model but have yet to check one out in-person. Where did you find a white one? That’s exactly the color I’m looking for too. I’d love to see some photos of your inside setup. Sharp combo with your truck!

Last edited:

yorkj2006

Congrats on your trailer! I’m really interested in that exact same model but have yet to check one out in-person. Where did you find a white one? That’s exactly the color I’m looking for too. I’d love to see some photos of your inside setup. Sharp combo with your truck!

I ordered it in that color in March. Picked it up in june. Your right about matching the truck. It should look right at home when I have my "off road tires and wheels on. Should be getting a bumper soon... also ordered that months ago.

The family and I will be going on a long trip at the end of August. Going to Teton, Yellowstone, North Cascades, Crater Lake, Redwood Forest, and Yosemite. It should be one heck of a shake down trip.

Attachments

• 20201024_095621.jpg
    20201024_095621.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 28

yorkj2006

So I've been working through my electrical system trying to get as close to fully solar as possible (while being totally overwhelmed by basic electrical concepts) but I think I've got things close to how I want them. I'm putting a front bumper and winch on my tow vehicle later this week or next and am starting to get my packing lists together for our trip at the end of this month!
I'm thinking to add some foam mattress toppers to the mattresses as they were pretty uncomfortable when I tried them out the night we picked up the trailer.
Anybody have recommendations for improving camper mattress comfort?
Thanks!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles