Intech Explore build

dreadlocks

I put in a horizontal 30# because a vertical woulda hit the spare tire.. I just bolted it to the tongue w/wing-nuts.. gives me about a week of heating on the edge seasons when its really cold at night.. I'm running both wave and propex, sleep with either or both running just fine.

Wave heater is smell-free, it does condensate but I live in a high altitude desert so adding some moisture to the air just lets me sleep through the night w/out waking up and drinking water cuz im a mouth breather.. If you were in a humid environment already I could see it creating issues.. but I like its power-free and radiant heat.. Ive been snowed on and we use that as our fire to warm up by.. and it cuts the duty cycle of the propex down significantly.

Attachments

• IMG_20190413_110137 (1).jpg
    IMG_20190413_110137 (1).jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20190413_110151 (1).jpg
    IMG_20190413_110151 (1).jpg
    435 KB · Views: 61

Rbertalotto

Explorer
All the propane heaters add way to much moisture to the air with resulting condensation. Especially in a small place.

Check out portable diesel heaters......You can build it in or just leave it outside with a small vent through the wall supplying heat. Use Kerosene available in gallon cans at any hardware store or you can use diesel fuel. Well under $200......

ho two GC2 batteries would had been a better choice
Why? You like maintenance? AGM is the way to go in a siotuation like this. No maintenance, no gassing, easy to charge, long lasting.....

dreadlocks

Propex is a LP furnace, it removes air and combustion is external.. nice thermostat, keeps it wherever you want..

Why? You like maintenance? AGM is the way to go in a siotuation like this. No maintenance, no gassing, easy to charge, long lasting.....

lol.. all of that is false, and your wasting your money.

Agfadoc

Heat is important to us in the frozen wasteland. We only get like 6 months of decent outdoor weather, so the air is typically dry most of the time. As a mouth breather myself, that everyone in the family appreciates, condensation isn't as big of a deal for me. I want a wave heater, but would have to plumb in a propane tank under the front kitchen table, with the limited time we have to get outside consistently, it's lower on the priority list as I am getting cabin fever thinking of what I can be doing.
The Explore is currently buried in snow, but it's beginning to melt and I can get out there and play again.

Jtangler

How did you connect your LP holder to the front of your Explore? They provided me with the hardware but I'm not sure if I should secure it to the front wall or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz