insurance?

michaels

Explorer
what are you guys paying for your insurance. i'm 21 and i know that my age isn't in my favor for a bike, but i'm trying to do all i can to research this stuff before my purchase.

i'm most likely going to get an early 2000 honda XR400 or 650, and i'm on my parents geico account for my truck.

figured i'd ask you guys what your all paying?

$600/yr...

I am 28, married, good credit, and no tickets, Geico Cycle plan.

My four other vehicles are $550/6mo on our Geico Auto plan. But out two new ones have extensive mods, so it was upped a bit from the norm.

Serg5000

Adventurer
Same either way. Your age is going to be a huge hurtle. No offense intended man, just pointing out the obvious. Just be glad your not from California, you would get raped if you lived here.

nbleak21

Adventurer
Mine was $54/mo full coverage a couple of years ago with Progressive Auto. (and I was 19-20 yrs old at the time)

michaels

Explorer
Mine was $54/mo full coverage a couple of years ago with Progressive Auto. (and I was 19-20 yrs old at the time)

i figured if it would be around $50-$60/month then i'd have no trouble affording one. i just wouldn't be able to buy as much beer and more ramen. :yikes:

earthmuffin

Observer
You may want to consider calling around and getting a quote by size of bike. The number of cc's can drastically reduce you premium. Buying a smaller bike can save you a lot of money all the way around and still get you where you want to go.

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
Yeah, it's all about the cc's. I'm paying $47/month for the bare minimum on a WR250F, and a DR650, about the same hp and more weight, would be $120. It's stupid.

You should look at a WR250R or X. All the power you need to get around on the street, and really cheap insurance. I'm planning on trading my F in on an X.

nbleak21

Adventurer
i figured if it would be around $50-$60/month then i'd have no trouble affording one. i just wouldn't be able to buy as much beer and more ramen. :yikes:

Yep, sounds just like my first couple years of college. I reduced my drinking to keg parties (1-2 nights a week at $5 a bottomless cup, gets you a heck of a lot more consumables than $10 on a 12 pack.)

I can't believe how much raman has gone up in price! It used to be $.14 a pack, or $1.14 for a 10 pack for the good stuff just a couple years back!

michaels

Explorer
Yeah, it's all about the cc's. I'm paying $47/month for the bare minimum on a WR250F, and a DR650, about the same hp and more weight, would be $120. It's stupid.

You should look at a WR250R or X. All the power you need to get around on the street, and really cheap insurance. I'm planning on trading my F in on an X.

well it has to be a dual sport, but i'm fine with less CC's. i don't really need to go faster than 50 MPH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94