Insurance recommendations

trailsurfer

Explorer
I have recently bought a AEV Brute and I am looking for any suggestions for a "stated value" policy. I have insurance through Progressive, but the price seems a little high to me.

Thanks for your help!

TOI

Web Adventurer
if your prior service, or a relative is. try to get on with USAA. i used to get my insurance through state farm, and then geico. usaa is much much cheaper, even with the fiancee and my tickets.

huskyfargo

Adventurer
^^^^^^
AGREED 100%
I dumped State Farm as soon as I could. It was cheap, but I got what I payed for. Actually...I didn't get anywhere near what I payed for.

trailsurfer

Explorer
I have USAA for all of my vehicles, but they would only insure the Jeep for the stock value. They directed me to another insurance carrier that would not insure the Brute because it will be used off road.

bobby.bruno

Have you shopped around online for quotes? The AARP gives good deals on insurance to those who are age fifty or over. They have ‘stated value' in most states and you can get a quote from them online. The other way to save is to invest in their online home and auto insurance program that is designed to help you save on both policies.

Last edited:

brianjwilson

Some sort of lost...
Man insurance is such a crock! Have you contacted AEV and solicited recommendations from them? This can't be the first time it's been an issue.

I spent over $10k on mods on my truck in a short period, and the best my insurance company would do is tell me to keep all of my receipts and keep current pictures. I haven't had to test this but I get the feeling that I'd get screwed if something happened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior