Insurance e-450

Goomer214

I got a e-450 where would I get insurance.
I got a good insurance broker that’s been looking for insurance for the last 4 days.

doug720

Expedition Leader
When you say E450, what exactly is it? It's not a regular van, as they stopped at E350.

As mentioned above, if its a motorhome, should be no issues with any insurance company. But, as I suspect, this is an ambulance or commercial truck body, that is why you are having trouble.

One way to get insurance companies to at least consider this, is to do a MH conversion - sleeping+cooking+bathroom facilities, get it inspected as such, and re-register it as a motorhome with non-commercial license plates.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
It also may make a difference the type of insurance you are looking for. I just have basic liability, which is easy. Comp/collision may be tougher because they don't know how to place a valuation on it?

In my experience Progressive will do basic liability insurance on just about any RV.

ricardo

Observer
Yesterday I meet a couple with the 2500 sprinter that got register as a RV, the reason they tell me is much cheaper insurance rates.. (Totally faded and rusty red van and they still have full coverage for about 20% more than i pay just for liability)

The insurance company and/or the DMV did not ask them for any proof (Minnesota), I need to implement my E350 since in reality is going to be a camper van for my girls more than anything..

doug720

Expedition Leader
In CA, all 4 of my E350's - Club Wagons with Windows were registered as Station Wagons, as long as they have seats! Way lower fee's, no weight fee, and much lower insurance rates!

Steve Rhodes

I just bought an E 450 4x4 ambulance and went through State Farm (where I have everything else insured). Took about two weeks to find an underwriter willing to cover it. I had to supply pics with all emblems and wording removed, all red and blue lights gone and progress towards being a motor home. I have a sink and AC installed and in the process of plumbing. So far they are satisfied with the progress.

Ole Chipper

Progressive just insured my 2002 E-450 diesel 16 foot cube van. Sent them this picture of my E-350 bus diesel and the E-450 van and asked them to explain. Got insureance the next day. Also said they will insure as an RV once we get done. Just send in pictures of the conversion.

Attachments

• DSC02391.JPG
    DSC02391.JPG
    239 KB · Views: 16

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Auto Owners Ins (actual name) has kept our previous B+ van and now the Tiger fully insured

sendraCHINOOK

We had progressive and now have Foremost (Farmers). They were less expensive than progressive but make sure you tell them every single upgrade you have done or they will hesitate to cover it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier