Insulated Window covers DIY or buy?

I have access to a sewing machine and someone who can pretty much sew anything. I'm looking to make or purchase window covers like the ones seen on this webpage https://diyadventurevanco.com/colle...ducts/insulating-curtains-3-piece-cockpit-kit

As you can see I have a lot of windows to cover. I have been a cabinet maker and finish carpenter for 30 years so I know a thing or 2 about making templates and creating a custom fit piece. What I don't know is if I can get the material cheap enough to justify the cost saving of making them myself.
Where to buy the material?
What is the material?
Does someone make something similar for the E series vans?

Attachments

• 36vlTqjwS8Oo4YmxqqfMqA.jpg
    36vlTqjwS8Oo4YmxqqfMqA.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 23

TernOverland

Supporting Sponsor Ternoverland.com
Years ago I made my own insulated window covers using drapery insulation that you can buy at any good fabric store. I used them for years and they worked fine. I used ties to hold them rolled up above the window when not in use, and velcro to seal them around the edges. The stuff is easy to sew, pretty cheap, and easy to work with.

doug720

Expedition Leader
We just use the reflextix type material in our class A motorhome without any cover, and have done this for years. Insulates well and easy to install.

It's cheap, light weight, packs down to smallest size, keeps the reflective surface facing, and most importantly...the inevitable condensation does not soak into any fabric material - which is important when you store the covers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94