Installing a Victron Multiplus 2000 Inverter/Charger ?

Bravo30

Ok. Seems they spec abundantly cautious. Of course they dont know what a specific installation will consist of and assume worst case scenario distances etc.
But given you limited shore input to 30A and even if operating at max inverter assist, total 47A. A camper size length of 10AWG could safely carry that current for duration until OCPD opens. 8 or 6AWG definitely will.
Given your output OCPD is about 12” away from the source, all conductors inside FMC, I dont think you have much to worry about.

this works out because i had initially bought some green 10 awg for ground so now can i use it. Thanks for your help

pdavitt

I think what some people fail to realize is that all the codes, manufacturer's recommendations, and best practices are there for two main reasons.
They are:
1. Protect human beings from injury or death.
2. Protect property from casualty loss from fire or other means.

Some may push the envelope, but I prefer to sleep well at night.

Pat

pdavitt

3. Create and sell new products what are legislated thus assure consumer demand.

As an aside,
Its suspected such codes are sketched using charred bones, then signed to law with blood.
We all realise why codes exist...

Man, you are cynical. I was present when a DIY guy got electrocuted by a 12V DC system. It only takes 0.05 Amps at 12V to stop your heart. At 120V it is 0.005 amps.
Made a believer out of me.

Pat

Lstyles

Came across this forum/thread searching for information about Victron 12/2000 installation. It was impression that the Victron doesn’t have a “pass through” mode. I have heard if it is turned off it will not pass through. I am wondering if the “pass through” only works of the inverter is on. My concern was that if the inverter is malfunctioning then you won’t have any AC power going through. I had heard that the relay needs to be energized for it to complete the circuit. Maybe it is a case of if inverter if off it won’t pass through but it will if turned on (even if malfunctioning.). I am not very dependent on AC power so losing AC power temporarily isn’t a big thing (I have solar to charge batterie) but since I am installing now I wondered if it might be a good idea to put in a switch so that AC can go around inverter if needed. What do you think? Suggestions for a simple switch solution?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online