Installing a side case on a LR3/4

protohyp

Adventurer
OK, what is in it? Since you have added it to the LR what is its purpose?

They’re actually specifically built for her expedition one 4 gallon water packs. Sun does the most damage to the packs so they’re built to protect them from the sun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

protohyp

Adventurer
c31e623746b37fff9be02aec9fc94f38.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krick3tt

Adventurer
Even if they did I would be hesitant as that is where the radio reception grid is located. Although I might do one side but probably not both. What I am looking for is a metal replacement panel for the glass roof.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
I've though for years that an aluminum panel to replace the glass roof would be a great way to bring the GVW down and Get a Little extra Payload. I talked to a local place about maybe trying to put a kit together with insulation, sound deadening and inserts for the sunroof holes in the headliner, but that thought it would be cost prohibitive.

morrisdl

Adventurer
Land rover did sell a "commecial" discovery with a metal roof panel and some even metal rear quarter windows. Maybe there is a part numbers somewhere, but I have never seen them.

2013-03-15 um 15-47-36.jpg

krick3tt

Adventurer
What is considered 'cost prohibitive'? It is all relative. I am not concerned with weight as the glass is probably more than an aluminum panel so it could only be less weight.
If that metal panel over the rear glass is an item that replaces the glass then maybe it would be the answer.

iowalr4

Adventurer
What is considered 'cost prohibitive'? It is all relative. I am not concerned with weight as the glass is probably more than an aluminum panel so it could only be less weight.
If that metal panel over the rear glass is an item that replaces the glass then maybe it would be the answer.

You may want to consider steel if you are going to replace the glass and weld in panels. The body is steel, so I doubt you want to mix with aluminum.

Interesting idea though.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Dose intone know if there is a write up to install a pelican case on the side of an LR3/4 like this???
View attachment 656573
Aren't those windows expensive?
I'd put them below the back window.
Actually, if I needed extra storage I'd use a wire shelf suspended below the headliner in the rear, high enough to see out the back window, you could put a lot up there in 8 to 10 inches.

XJLI

Adventurer
Apparently a gullwing is now available from Terrafirma.
Seems a bit steep unless you are already in the market to replace one of those windows.

https://lucky8llc.com/collections/l...ip-side-window-replacement-right-hand-lr3-lr4

LRP makes them too

Also for completeness, PowerfulUK has some side panel mounts that will require drilling into your side panel. Shame they didn't use suction cups like the Joes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier