Installed my limb risers! Pictures inside

crismateski

American Adventurist
OK, I saw the thread title and had to check it out, and I am sure it is something obvious, but what is it for?

RichardT

Adventurer
OK, I saw the thread title and had to check it out, and I am sure it is something obvious, but what is it for?

Limb risers are for when you're going down a trail and there are tree branches that can ********** your windshield. The limb risers help to guide the tree limbs up and over your truck, rather than have them hit your windshield.

If you do most of your driving in the desert this isn't a priority mod, though it looks cool, but if you do a lot of trail riding in forests, this can be a nice mod to have.

RichardT

Adventurer
Got all of the brackets off of Ebay. Here are the front ones http://www.ebay.com/itm/150692994029?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

and the middle ones http://www.ebay.com/itm/380363966556?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

The rest of the stuff was gotten at the Tractor Supply Store. around 30 dollars for the set-up.

Thanks for the compliment!

For sure man, thanks for sharing the pics and those links, will give me stuff to think about when I finally get around to doing this myself. I've always wanted to do limb risers, but as I said before, I'm waiting to get my winch bumper later this year, and my roof rack, as I wanted to have the cable go from the bumper to the top of the rack.

But I'm tempted to mount at least the front how you did it rather than the bumper, because I'm worried about the bumper flexing and moving a bit, and messing with the tension of the line, or pulling too much on the rack, so we'll see, I'm still on the fence about it.

fatrat

SE Expedition Society
That looks awesome! I like the blacked out hood too. Can't wait 'til my Monty looks that sweet!

scrubber3

Not really here
Thanks man. I doesn't take much money at all. Just time. Like I said, mine has been an ongoing project that has lasted around 2 years with the most work happening in the last 6 months. The black areas on the truck with the exception of the wheels are bed liner spray from a can. The hood louver was something I picked up from autozone and applied to the hood with 3m 5200 marine sealant. It is a fully functional heat extractor and that sealant should outlast the hood itself. I figured that I'd go this route instead of hard wiring the condenser fan to keep the engine cool during hot days on the trail. We'll see how it works this summer.

fatrat

SE Expedition Society
Thanks man. I doesn't take much money at all. Just time. Like I said, mine has been an ongoing project that has lasted around 2 years with the most work happening in the last 6 months. The black areas on the truck with the exception of the wheels are bed liner spray from a can.

Your Monty reminds me of my Taco. I love the spray can bed liner & will be doing the middle of my hood & lower half of my Monty this Spring. Here's a pic of my old Taco. :ylsmoke:

IMAG0127.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94