InssssssssVANity!!!!!!!......or ****** did I just fly to Maine to by a Sprinter!

Petrolburner

Explorer
Also built a new test platform for my hammocks that I make and sell. The hammocks are super HD and easily fold out of the way to carry cargo/motorcycles/etc. We carry wet paddle boards on them all summer and the water just drains through the hammock. Great to lay/sleep in on a hot day. But some people (including my wife) want a more "bed like" feel on long trips. So I made a folding wood insert and foam topper. Now it feels just like a bed at night but the foam mattress and wood insert fold away with the hammock when you want to haul gear!!! So it works as a hammock, real bed and folds out of the way entirely for gear hauling. You can see how flat the hammock looks here. Keeps the total thickness in the van down to only a few inches which maximizes the over all cargo height even with the bed in place. The picture is slightly deceptive since the foam is doubled over right now, its actually almost half as thick than the picture shows.

26948185571_057d378189_c.jpg

I'd like more info/pictures of how your hammock bed thing works. I'd like something like that in my Motovan.

Cole

Expedition Leader
I'd like more info/pictures of how your hammock bed thing works. I'd like something like that in my Motovan.

What would you like to know?

The hammocks are super heavy duty. With gear loops to hang stuff below.

Can be used with or without panels. (Toss in panels and it sleeps just like a regular bed)

19240283105_cdf3267dea_z_d.jpg

do you find you get much vibration from the solar panel while driving?

None.

Petrolburner

Explorer
Do you have a way to tension the thing so it doesn't sag? What are the panels made of, plywood? Do they connect together? Is it just nylon webbing sewn to the mesh material? What is the mesh material and where did you source it? How many connection points to the L track? Generally I'm looking for a photo rich explanation ��

Cole

Expedition Leader
Do you have a way to tension the thing so it doesn't sag? What are the panels made of, plywood? Do they connect together? Is it just nylon webbing sewn to the mesh material? What is the mesh material and where did you source it? How many connection points to the L track? Generally I'm looking for a photo rich explanation ��

I'll post some more pictures for you soon.

All the attachments are done with tensioning straps. Panels are just prototypes at this point. Need to finish them. We sleep in just the hammock most of the time anyway.

29073053780_1e9449e279_c.jpg

Cole

Expedition Leader
......So......I LOVE my T1N and have put a lot of work and new parts on it......but bought myself a NCV3. I have some product ideas that I would like to develop for these vans and since there are far more of the NCV3 vans out there I wanted to start my ideas on one of those.

My T1N is a rare van with dual sliders. I needed a "more common" chassis style to work with.

I'm honestly not sure what the fate of the dual slider van is yet. Not sure if I want to sell it. But, I'd entertain that discussion and offers.

Lots of new parts, lift, tires, bed lining, conversion done, diesel furnace with 7 day timer, heated seats, rear seats, roof racks, swaybar upgrade, new HD shocks, new brakes, new radiator, new glow plugs, new belts, pulleys, water pump and balancer, ceramic window tint, front seat swivels, insulated, 80/20, Maple, Nice new bluetooth stereo, backup camera, etc, etc, etc . Runs and drives great. Needs nothing to jump in and enjoy. Not pristine, it was a cargo van and has its bumps and bruises.

29056350740_29a7fd251a_c.jpg

Cole

Expedition Leader
Still love my red van and we went out for a fall camp/ride in it last weekend. Stayed toasty warm all night with the diesel furnace on.

Sadly, It may make sense to sell it once the "Yellow Jacket" van starts to really come together.....we will see....

29595194993_31e3816e1b_c.jpg

Cole

Expedition Leader
I should probably start a new thread for it, but progress is coming along on the new van build.

30345982175_dd45da8fff_c.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles