Inspire me with R50 Pathfinders

Hey 01silvapathy,

Who's your friend with the 35's? Is he from your area? Tell him his truck looks great on 35's.

Rods35s2-1.jpg

:26_7_2:

01silvapathy

Observer
He is actually out in Hamilton, ON. I know him through a forum and just talk to him online. Here are some more pics of his rig and another few with 35's

Here is his rig 6in on 35's next to a 2in lift on 31's
sfdvs2in.jpg

Again 6in on 35's
memorycardpicsbatch3267.jpg

memorycardpicsbatch3266.jpg

That truck is now getting completely re done into a hardcore rockcrawler... already has a V8 swap from an infinity VH45, 14bff rear, d60 front locked all the jazz building a cage and stuff here are some pics

Moved from 35's to 38's
memorycardpicsbatch3263.jpg

memorycardpicsbatch3265.jpg

Yeaaappp it can flex
memorycardpicsbatch3244.jpg

alexrex20

Explorer
old thread, new pics.

01silvapathy and Rick B both have 6in lift on their Pathfinders now.
053-4.jpg

P1000667_2.JPG

but you don't need 6 inches of lift to fit 33s:
IMAG0307.jpg

the R50 Pathfinder is the odd man out in nissan's lineup. unibody construction, strut front suspension... but it does have the stout H233B rear axle with 4-link suspension and the R200A front diff. mine has the TX10 manual shift tcase, also bulletproof.

aftermarket support is almost nonexistent. don't let these guys fool you. if you're not a fabricator, then you're better off messing with an Xterra.

01silvapathy

Observer
You do need 6in to fit a true 33, or atleast to be functional with 33's without having to remove things like the fender flares or cut up your body.

DTE

You do need 6in to fit a true 33, or atleast to be functional with 33's without having to remove things like the fender flares or cut up your body.

I've fit 33's on my truck with the 2" coils. Only had to do a 2" square cut in the front wheel wells to clear some minor rubbing. Running Nokian Vatiiva M/T 285/75R16. And yes so far I love them. Have over 40k KMs on them and just went through 18" of snow no problem uphill on old logging roads.

I love these trucks.

img0531hr.jpg

sandbox02

Fender Flares r50

Im looking to throw 31's on my 2002 pathy but I dont have the money for a lift right now. If i take off the fender flares do you think there would be enough room for 31s? And what the best way to go about removing the flares, I took one off last week and there are screw holes in the body? I know Ive seen a few guys who have taken theres off and they look sick. What should I do

alexrex20

Explorer
you can fit 31s with no lift. there will be minor rubbing in the front with the inner fenders. you can use a heatgun to "remold" them or you can just use some zipties to pull them back away from the tire.

there is no clean way to remove fender flares. on mine, i used automotive interior fasteners (those plastic little push clips) and spray painted the head to match the body. it's better, but still not the greatest.

100_7697x.jpg

they're a couple bucks apiece at Lowes or AutoZone.

peyverxes

i know this is bringing from the dead slightly, but just picked up an 02 pathfinder 4x4 and going through this thread is making me excited. there are some good looking rigs and am looking to do something simple like a 2inch lift. and new tires. just wanted to say hey, and good looking rides.

here is mine, just picked it up last week, LE model with Nav

110317_003.jpg

110317_004.jpg

Prflyer

Observer
i know this is bringing from the dead slightly, but just picked up an 02 pathfinder 4x4 and going through this thread is making me excited. there are some good looking rigs and am looking to do something simple like a 2inch lift. and new tires. just wanted to say hey, and good looking rides.

here is mine, just picked it up last week, LE model with Nav

110317_003.jpg

110317_004.jpg

nice find!

ducatidom

lift spacers

I have a set of front spacers from when I owned my r50, never installed. They were supposed to add 2" in the front, don't have the bolts for them, if interested give me a pm

peyverxes

Well a little update on mine, Picked up a set of the Nismo Wheels, super light and forged im pumped on them, also got a new set of 265/70/16 General Grabber At2 i like them so far not too noisy and ride really smooth. now i got to figure out why my Idle is still ****ty.

CIMG0843.jpg

CIMG0844.jpg

CIMG0842.jpg

CIMG0845.jpg

CIMG0846.jpg

Also, put my HID's from my old 240 i had laying around

110331_001.jpg

very cool guys. I myself am a new Pathfinder owner. I just bought a 2002 SE. I havent done any mods yet other then a Rooftop tent. I wont be doing any extreme offroading but i want my pathy to be able to get us into our backwoods camping areas. do you guys have any ideas for what my next mod sould be?

Attachments

• IMAG0143.jpg
    IMAG0143.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
  • rrt 2011 008.JPG
    rrt 2011 008.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 96
  • IMAG0148.jpg
    IMAG0148.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 95

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Looks good Intermountain! I'd just get some AT tires, baseline all your maintenance and head into the Sawtooths.

Time to dig up an old post:
Re gear from the stock 4.3's to 4.9's from an xterra

Were you able to do this? If so please let me know.

The R50 has reverse cut gears up front in its R200, which to my knowledge is only available on the R50 and in the 4.64 gear ratio and 4.34 gear ratio..nothing else. If you were able to get 4.9's up front in the stock diff housing please let me know how as i would love to go lower on my lesser R50.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles