Inspiration vehicles: What, if any vehicle do you draw ideas/inspiration from?

Atl-atl

Adventurer
I agree 100%.

That truck is the vision I have for my 2008 ram 2500.
I love that truck.

+2 on this!!!

Only exception being that 3rd gens have much more room behind the seats for things like really cute small to medium sized dogs! :sombrero:

19929116080_6abd826ed6_b.jpg

Silverado08

Observer
asset.jpg
Would like to build something like this someday..wish that some RV building company made it to save me lot of time..😊

rayra

Expedition Leader
Yup parking lot of the ranger station between the dams

ha. nailed it. Had a house up in Riverkern for 11yrs, spent a lot of time all over that area. Lot of rafting and fishing trips. Lost some of its allure when the Corps of Engineers mandated much of the lake be drained due to a fault under the aux dam, and a couple major fires turned our canyon into a moonscape.

eggman918

Adventurer
My folks had a weekend place in Wofford Heights from the early '70 and they lived their full time from mid 80's and I was in Bakersfield all those back roads were my stomping grounds for many years......been on every dirt road in Kern Co.:)

justcuz

Explorer
I like that area around Landers Meadow.
Had some obstacles doing the Long Valley Loop Rd. Blockages did not look legal to me.

justcuz

Explorer
I draw most of my inspiration from desert race vehicles and pre-runners.
They are designed to have good usable suspension travel with minimal lift and take a beating and live.

jkam

nomadic man
I live full time in a small RV. So for me an awesome new home would be great.
My tastes lean towards the compact size because it's just me.
My current favorite is a Unicat BS 6-KD using the Bucher Duro chassis.
If I could build one my way, it would be the last one I'd need.

http://www.unicat.com/en/info/BS6KD.php

pricey

Observer
What in the world? Ive never seen or heard of these! Outfitted for Australian military or something?

Nope - not us Aussies. Our military now use G wagens and are phasing out defenders

Here you go https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeep_J8

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles