Inspiration vehicles: What, if any vehicle do you draw ideas/inspiration from?

Crash80

Im new to this world and looking to build my daily driven f150 into a weekend expedition/camping rig. While searching for ideas I first came across a truck here from the forum in google images and really like how it is functional and seems very reliable. Then I got to remembering a truck built for Ultimate adventure 2011 by 4 Wheel and Offroad. I really love the IFS on the front of this truck but man $$$$. Any how Im going to post pic of my truck and trucks I draw, ideas and inspiration from and feel free to do the same. You may have a truck or vehicle in mind others can get ideas from. First truck is mine, brown truck is a members (forgive me I don't know how to tag them to give them credit) and last two pics are the magazine build.

Attachments

• KIMG0473.jpg
    KIMG0473.jpg
    564.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 378cab4f81be3f8970d5c7c1a540751f.jpg
    378cab4f81be3f8970d5c7c1a540751f.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 57
  • ultimate-adventure-f-150-ecoboost.jpg
    ultimate-adventure-f-150-ecoboost.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 52
  • 131_1111_01+ultimate_f_150_part_5+welding_the_rear_bumper.jpg
    131_1111_01+ultimate_f_150_part_5+welding_the_rear_bumper.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 53

Woofwagon

Adventurer
I can only speak for myself, but I draw inspiration from military grade or construction grade vehicles that have to take a pounding day in day out. Another influence on my vehicle engineering decisions is how Soviet era trucks were designed and built. Very simple very very tough and can be fixed with a stick and a rock if you have to.

Tembo

topless adventures
My inspiration...

Natural air con, lots of gear, +1000 mile range, battle tested

Pinkie 1.jpg

My truck

Smaller size 4.jpg

04Ram2500Hemi

Observer
The AEV Ram Flatbed gives me all sorts of bad intentions.

Attachments

• 6068671_aev-ram-prospector-first-drive_2ab58f43_m.jpg
    6068671_aev-ram-prospector-first-drive_2ab58f43_m.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 409
  • lead3-aev-ram-prospector.jpg
    lead3-aev-ram-prospector.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 409

eggman918

Adventurer
Mine was the original HMMWV I started in '90 with a '68 F-250 2 door 8' flatbed and ended up here
100_0720.jpg

Soni Honegger

Soni built the first magazine 4x4 that looked like what i was building/ wrecking/ driving. The best part was Soni bent all the tube by hand, with no machines and the articulation was insane, I was hooked!

Heres the truck i just built for my GF.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    26.7 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:

Tembo

topless adventures
Actually on my first trip to Morocco the border police objected to my OD green matt paint and I was turned back. One of my buddies who had crossed already bought a can of white emulsion paint and small bottle of dye which he told me would turn it blue. Nope...light pink. But had no choice and did my first trip in a pink land rover...

Tembo small 2.jpg

Dragos28

Adventurer
Im new to this world and looking to build my daily driven f150 into a weekend expedition/camping rig. While searching for ideas I first came across a truck here from the forum in google images and really like how it is functional and seems very reliable. Then I got to remembering a truck built for Ultimate adventure 2011 by 4 Wheel and Offroad. I really love the IFS on the front of this truck but man $$$$. Any how Im going to post pic of my truck and trucks I draw, ideas and inspiration from and feel free to do the same. You may have a truck or vehicle in mind others can get ideas from. First truck is mine, brown truck is a members (forgive me I don't know how to tag them to give them credit) and last two pics are the magazine build.
Basically you are looking to build a prerunner truck with an rtt on back.

rayra

Expedition Leader
Mine was the original HMMWV I started in '90 with a '68 F-250 2 door 8' flatbed and ended up here
100_0720.jpg

Man that looks a lot like Lake Isabella, south-central shoreline looking northeast

As for inspiration, lots of vehicles I've liked the looks of, but I mostly look at particular details. Last time I tried to emulate another off-road vehicle was a paint job I did on a mini-truck in the mid 80s that looked something like Walker Evans' race truck. Back when all I had to worry about was gas and beer money. Except mine was porsche red on the hood and roof, where his is blue. I was riding a Honda XL500 and a 200x ATC around then, it worked well together I thought.

walkernorra.jpg

evanspaintjob_zpsjft9v5fh.jpg

Last edited:

dumprat

Adventurer
My father was a game warden in northern BC for a couple of decades. I spent my twenties working in a machine and welding shop fixing broken vehicles and logging gear. That and the experience gained running a trap line, hunting remote areas and fourwheeling has provided a lot of experience on what works and what doesn't

Take a close look at what actually gets used. Logging crew trucks,power line trucks,military use civilian vehicles, and the turtle expedition stuff.

A huge amount of what you see promoted and advertised on the net is pure useless garbage you don't need or even want. A roof top tent would top my list of **** you don't need. Sorry if that doesn't match the current fad.

eggman918

Adventurer
Man that looks a lot like Lake Isabella, south-central shoreline looking northeast

As for inspiration, lots of vehicles I've liked the looks of, but I mostly look at particular details. Last time I tried to emulate another off-road vehicle was a paint job I did on a mini-truck in the mid 80s that looked something like Walker Evans' race truck. Back when all I had to worry about was gas and beer money. Except mine was porsche red on the hood and roof, where his is blue. I was riding a Honda XL500 and a 200x ATC around then, it worked well together I thought.

walkernorra.jpg

evanspaintjob_zpsjft9v5fh.jpg

Yup parking lot of the ranger station between the dams

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94