inside walls and sound proofing

rideglobally

Adventurer
i am preparing to work on the inside of my rig this weekend and next weekend i am wondering what are you all using that is light weigh for both walls and sound proofing. here is a picture of the inside of my rig it is not that big. walls.jpg

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
I can't help with the question, but politely ask for more pictures of your rig and set up. Looks intriguing.

G_fresh

Adventurer
Reflectix for thermal insulation @ homedepot.com
FatMat for sound deadening @ Google or Amazon

I did this in my SUV. I'll let you know in a week if this worked well for thermal insulation. It will be tested in the below freezing temps we will have in the mountains...

The sound insulation works ok. My LX450 already had a lot of sound insulation so it was not a huge improvement.

Hope this at least gives you an idea...

Mc Taco

American Adventurist

rideglobally

Adventurer
WOW! I did a quick look through your thread. Very cool indeed.

I'm going to contact the upholsterer you mentioned to look into making a replacement for my side awning. It's still in good shape, but figure it will be easier to make a pattern while it is intact rather than in tatters.

mention my truck he will remember it, tell him it is the "frankenstein design" he will remember it cause we took the old canvass and patched it together, that is what he called it .... thanks

eviltwin67

I haven't used any of this company's products yet but I think I will when I finally do my project. At least from their description it seems like their products would be easy enough to apply and aren't too expensive if they work as advertised. It looks like it has some sound deadening properties but they have another product that handles sound specifically.
"Now you can make Any Paint...A radiant heat reflecting, insulating, thermal barrier coating. Ceramic Paint Additive
Makes any Paint Insulate" http://www.hytechsales.com/insulating_paint_additives.html

Great looking build by the way.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I have used the latex paint with ceramic spheres mentioned in the post above on my Crusier Troopie and it made a big difference.
Then I added FatMat on top of the paint and that really helped.
Lastly I added the Reflectix in the roof, walls and a few places on the floor and by the time it was done I was super impressed...and the cost was very easy to live with.
Planning to play this same trifecta on my old suburban this winter during rebuild and I am sure I will be just as happy

max.powerzz

Observer
Wow, I jusT read your thread on Mud. I'm also looking to insulate the interior better and would love a report when you're done.

rideglobally

Adventurer
IMG_0054.jpg
Wow, I jusT read your thread on Mud. I'm also looking to insulate the interior better and would love a report when you're done.

i am working on it now. i will post some up date when done. i am basically using home depot stuff. they have that new rubberize product for russoleum that sprays on and then i am using the foam insulation. it is not a big space and i am also concern about the weigh. thank you all i will post picture update later.

here is my rig, thank again.:victory:

tstege

Observer
Just wanted to chime in I am in the process of insulating my six-PAC aluminum utility shell on my camper. What I am doing is filling in the interior frame with 1" thick foam board insulation and then laying shower board I purchased from home depot over it to create a smooth water proof surface. Just a tip when laying the foam board insulation, make sure to lay the adhesive bead down in rows that have gaps (not a zig zag) as the condensation that forms will be trapped. If that makes sense. Other than that the foam board comes in 4x8 sheets made of 1/8 thick fiberglass/plastic which mold easily when warmed in the sun and can be cut with a box knife.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles