insect screens for your windows

XXXpedition

Explorer
i have been asked a couple of times recently how i built the screens for the rear doors of my xj.
here we go:
the xj being really square helps a lot.
i bought regular aluminum screen frames at home depot and the corner connectors and cut it to fit tight in the frame.
on the bottom, top and front of the window it sat squeezed in and on the rear i used a velcro to secure it and seal it off.
IMG_7533.JPG

cheers
sven

DH2002

Adventurer
That is awesome might have to get some made for my back windows nice on thinking outside the box never would have came up with that in my own.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
That is an awesome idea. I think I might modify it a bit and simply sew screen material into a fabric frame w/ either magnets sewn in to hold it to the rig's window frame or use velcro like you did.

XXXpedition

Explorer
sorry, i was that late...
and just saw that there is the thread about it already - could have answered right there. somehow overlooked it :-(((

off-roader

Expedition Leader
first attempt on my Montero...

Will modify it to fit better but as a proof of concept it was definitely successful!
2396421400104986527S600x600Q85.jpg

Silver dude

Xplorer
I must say screens do wonders for comfort. I camped last night by tossing a screen over the edge of the door just to try it out. A simple battery powered tent fan hanging from one of the handles overhead kept me breathing fresh dry air all night. I like the custom screens, I might have to look into something similar. My first idea envolved magnetic tape hot glued to the screen.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: OK, guys, don't get mad at me cause I know you all like to make your own stuff, but

TroutWorld.com, Inc sells a magnashield, with sewn in magnets that goes on the outside of the windows

I got a pair 2 yrs ago, for my Xterra and I still use them on the JK

Checkitout

:costumed-smiley-007:smiley_drive::safari-rig::safari-rig: JIMBO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior