Input Please: 100 Series vs GX470 vs ??

Climbermac

Observer
Thanks! Agreed on the snow pile above the door, but I only needed to open the door and have 8" or snow land in the trunk once... I check it now. I also just last night finished the first piece of migrating my pioneer roof rack setup from my tundra to the GX. I tore the whole rack apart and "thinned" it a bit. I'm also re-working what's mounted where and so on, maybe build a new fairing. I think the rack will help keep the rear door top clear as the back rail of the rack is over the top door seam. I'll be starting a build thread soon but I really should start the sale thread on my Tundra first!

nga-fjc

Congrats on the GX470. I've had mine for 2 years. A lot has changed in the aftermarket for the GX. So many more options. It's a great platform. I've had an FJ Cruiser and a Tacoma. Loving this thing.15241942_10211023037595739_6071294582634305825_n.jpg

abdulhk

The LC is slightly larger than the Gx/4R but all use the same 4.7 liter v8 engine. I would go with the Gx if it were me buying. Higher resale value for the GX as well too.

Cheers
Team RD

Last edited:

Arktikos

Explorer
The LC is slightly larger than the Gx/4R but all use the same 4.7 liter v8 engine. I would go with the Gx if it were me buying. Higher resale value for the GX as well too.

Cheers
Team RD

Thread revival time! Guy posing the question went with a GX too. I've seen a few inexpensive 100 series come up for sale around here, but never a cheap GX. IMO, less of a general appeal for the LC. You've really got to be wanting something BIG to go that direction.

4Beast

Observer
Thread revival time! Guy posing the question went with a GX too. I've seen a few inexpensive 100 series come up for sale around here, but never a cheap GX. IMO, less of a general appeal for the LC. You've really got to be wanting something BIG to go that direction.
The classified section prices don't seem to support your theory. A quick perusal of vehicles for sale on Mud shows several "cheap" 470s, but their comparable year UZJ counterparts 50-100% more money. YMMV, and it's a small sample, but representative from what I've seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier