information wanted

klee

My wife and I are considering an overland 15' box on a Fuso chassis, the truck is $65,000 CAN dollars, companies want $200,000 for the box, fully loaded, doing simple math, the owner of one company says the labour is about 1400 man hours, components are about $50,000, I get $100,000 to build, adding a reasonable profit of 30% I get $130,000, why are they trying to charge $200,000 for a box? Blissmobil is the same including shipping to Canada, about $200,000-$230,000 pus

Why so much??

Does anybody know any companies in North America that are more reasonable?

We are ready to give up on the expedition 4X4 idea, it seems to expensive, we could make it work, but at over $300,000 (this is on the low side) we do not feel the value is there

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
You could build one yourself with a commercially available travel trailer or toy hauler/camper it doesn't care if it's mounted to a Fuso or riding on top of axles. A good RV company would likely mount it for you as well if you bought new, maybe they would even accept the trailer axles and suspension as a credit towards the work.

klee

Yes I thought of that. Possibly an older better built trailer would work, I could upgrade it myself, mounting is not a big issue, maybe $2,000

cameronsturgess

Klee assuming you build the box and mount it on the FG140 how do you get insurance and register it as an rv ?. I am in ontario and considering doing the same thing you are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles