Info on 1998 land cruiser

damundsen87

I found a well maintained 98 land cruiser with 130 thousand miles. Timing belt and water pump were both just replaced. Realistically is this a vehicle that I could use as a daily driver or am I better off with a newer vehicle? The price is right and it looks and drives nice but I need it to be reliable.

Izzy1

Izzy
A 98 LC for daily driver with 130K miles sounds like a time capsule, if the price is good... Now, even though it will be reliable as a hammer, and 130k is very low for a vehicle that can go 3X that, there will be wear items that will need attention. Miles are low, but rubber ages and likely you should inspect/replace rubber parts, hoses, bushings, etc, that you find cracked or brittle. Other than that, good truck.

Realistically for a daily driver? I would say this depends on how much you are willing to spend for gas. Land Cruisers are great vehicles, but are not known for their fuel efficiency. Something to keep in mind if you purchase. I own a Land Cruiser myself, but don’t DD it, it is more of a weekend and travel vehicle.

damundsen87

Guy is asking 10000. Interior is a little rough after looking at it in person. I think I'm going to stick to the gx470. Better gas mileage

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles