Inflatable Stand Up Paddleboard for Long Term Travel

MR. ED

Observer
I've got an iSUP that I sometimes air travel with. To your point about keeping them inside and off the roof, They're bulky! And so are the storage bags that sometimes come with them. It's nice to be able to stuff your water gear into the bag and keep it all together. If I was going to be bumming around in a car/truck I would just keep them up on a rack. Good luck and happy trails.

zelseman

Observer
To wrap this thread up, we ended up purchasing a mid-level, drop stitched iSUP and are storing it on the roof.
So far it has performed well on flat and choppy water and we will likely be adding another to paddle at the same time.
DJI_0022.jpg

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
I guess it's a bit late but we purchased two Red Paddle inflatable SUPs and love them. We brought them to Tahiti and used them almost every day, and I just today got back from a day paddling out in Chatham (Cape Cod). I started with a cheapo Amazon one at $350 just to see if I liked it, and then we bought these 2 a few months after. They are bit outside of your price range thought, I think about $1300 each.

Last edited:

zelseman

Observer
I guess it's a bit late but we purchased two Red Paddle inflatable SUPs and loved them. We brought them to Tahiti and used them almost every day, and I just today got back from a day paddling out in Chatham (Cape Cod). I started with a cheapo Amazon one at $350 just to see if I liked it, and then we bought these 2 a few months after. They are bit outside of your price range thought, I think about $1300 each.

We went with a PEAK SUP on Amazon.Traveling full-time, Amazon purchases are just easier. I know that it's a Chinese board and it will likely fail at some point, but as a test to see if we like the sport it should work just fine. We would love to drop $2600 on two new boards, but its simply not in the budget.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
Yep. If you get the right one with the right bag, they are checkable for no additional money. I took mine to the USVI last summer and it was awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94