Inexpensive pressurized warm water

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Warm water for washing. I have been thinking long about something like this. Finally I am to a testing stage.

Sprayer2.jpg

With a child on board the need to wash face and hands is frequent. A package of sanitary wipes work well, but the old wipes can really pile up. The wife appreciates a wash station too, as the little bottle of hand sanitizer is not as appealing as this might be , after using the porta-potty. Washing with water is sure nice. Warm water is better than very cold water, like ice melt from the cooler. To be environmentally considerate dish washing should be done away from the creeks and streams. Water conservation is another consideration. "Keep It Simple Stupid". All these ideas entered into my plans.

Pressurized water is nice and using a spray conserves water. Electric pumps add complications and weight. A hand pump is pretty simple. To heat the water I needed a black container. Using solar power to heat the water is part of the KISS. Our travels are primarily during the warmer seasons and in the desert terrains. Finding a good quality sprayer that was black was the first step. I found a "deck sprayer" at Wallyworld, but the quality was not good. Checking online I found this one: Sprayersdirect.com Professional 2 gallon sprayer. Twice the cost of the Wallyworld sprayer, but better quality.
The mount I threw together from some recycled parts and pieces.
The sprayer has a funnel top that is easily fillable in place, or the reservoir can be removed to fill at remote locations. The funnel is covered so that it does not as readily fill with road dirt and dust. I added a foam seal in the lid channel to keep things cleaner.
This can be easily used for hand washing. Push the handle and the tip that fits through a hole in the bottom sprays. Flip the red lever and it maintains the spray with both hands free.

sprayer.jpg

The unit can be removed for use elsewhere. The tip adjusts to a straight stream that could be very useful as a firefighting tool. I have put down lots of fire line with a backpack sprayer. It might come in handy to wash a windshield after a dip in the mud. This is not a huge amount of water for taking a shower, but washing hair might be a possibility? I like the versatility. Time will tell if it is a good idea.

Just thought I'd share.

Last edited:

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
A friend of ours did something similar to this with a metal pressure sprayer that was a bit smaller. In the summer he just throws it on his roof to heat it, or it's the perfect size to stick on a camping stove to warm it up! Great idea!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94